The coronavirus (COVID‐19) pandemic's impact on mental health

A pandemic is not just a medical phenomenon; it affects individuals and society and causes disruption, anxiety, stress, stigma, and xenophobia. The behavior of an individual as a unit of society or a community has marked effects on the dynamics of a pandemic that involves the level of severity, degree of flow, and aftereffects.

Rapid human‐to‐human transmission of the SARS‐CoV‐2 resulted in the enforcement of regional lockdowns to stem the further spread of the disease. Isolation, social distancing, and closure of educational institutes, workplaces, and entertainment venues consigned people to stay in their homes to help break the chain of transmission. However, the restrictive measures undoubtedly have affected the social and mental health of individuals from across the board.

How can we help people of different age group prevent this alarming impact of Covid-19 in our mental health?

After being housebound for nearly twenty years the best advice I can give is, never lose sight of whats important. Whether it be family.friends or something else. Learn to appreciate the smaller things. Pleasure comes in many things whether it be just talking to other people or watching nature. Whatever appeals to you. But I've found the best thing to actually boost your mood is exercise. However you do it, anything from dancing to tai chi really makes a difference to how you feel. And it works no matter your age or abilities..

There are of course two other things  to remember. It won't last forever. You are not alone so don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Edited by Leeanda

On 8/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, Leeanda said:

After being housebound for nearly twenty years the best advice I can give is, never lose sight of whats important. Whether it be family.friends or something else. Learn to appreciate the smaller things. Pleasure comes in many things whether it be just talking to other people or watching nature. Whatever appeals to you. But I've found the best thing to actually boost your mood is exercise. However you do it, anything from dancing to tai chi really makes a difference to how you feel. And it works no matter your age or abilities..

There are of course two other things  to remember. It won't last forever. You are not alone so don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks, Leanda!

Your words are so wonderful & powerful. I wish you safe journey.

3 hours ago, BlinkMoFried said:

Thanks, Leanda!

Your words are so wonderful & powerful. I wish you safe journey.

Thank you! I didn't expect any reactions to be honest but I'm glad it had an impact of some sort! I'm not much good at putting thought into print so I  just hope that it helps someone!

And a safe journey to you!

Edited by Leeanda

On 8/30/2021 at 6:30 PM, Leeanda said:

Thank you! I didn't expect any reactions to be honest but I'm glad it had an impact of some sort! I'm not much good at putting thought into print so I  just hope that it helps someone!

The pleasure was all mine. Absolutely, your words are spirit and life!