Missing some long term goals

McGuffin

Ok.I know.

The main long term goal is to "survive".

But after 15 - 16 hours of playtime, I am starting to feel the lack of something else to do.

I mean, for the day 1- 15 of gametime, my goal was to get all that nice gear, but now I have it.

Something that could be added:

- crafting skills allows you to improve the stuff you make. practice, then you get bonuses.

- other gear, more versatile.

- ability to craft bigger stuff, with a lot of regent, that are hard to find: the first that comes in my mind would be a Camping kit, or Snowshoe etc...

Valid reasoning.

Diary or map drawing, character statistic / skill improving aka. learning from books, finding story lines in game, setting up traps, etc...

But my big idea is still not posted anywhere, so I wait until somebody from the devs will ask for it :D

It would blow your mind just like TLD itself, and it perfectly fit to the game.

Secret :D

I would like to see more crafting, skills and equipment options added to lenghten the Sandbox more experiece, perhaps even some kind of a motivation/sanity value to keep up if it can be implemented suitably, but with regard to storylines we all know the story mode is coming, and the point of the Sandbox mode (when there are alternatives) is that it is and endless Sandbox without a story.

I mean, for the day 1- 15 of gametime, my goal was to get all that nice gear, but now I have it.

Do you have all craftable cloths, killed all 4 bears and crafted the bear bedroll, also discovered both bunkers, one in ML and the other in PV, have visited all locations in 3 maps? If so, on which difficulty do you play? Most people need 15 days to only get to the next map, especially in Stalker. Maybe you will find more challenges there beyond day 15.

But I hope the devs will find a way to make the middle phase of the game more interesting, when you have everything explored and are fully stocked with 30 bullets left (which is usually around day 80 for me). After a hunting day you can eat/sleep for 2-3 weeks without leaving the house, go hunt again, eat/sleep again... This phase needs some more excitement for it is really boring. Best you can do is watch TV while you sleep through the mountains of meat you have, I'm not sure this is what the devs had in mind for the game :roll:

Once you're out of bullets though, the real fun begins :D

For now I play in medium difficulty, and yes, I have made all crafts possible, I am already saving my bullets by trying to never use my rifle. I found 1 bunker in ML, nice find, it's like a small treasure..

Then I moved in CH.

The region is cool but since there are a lot of houses and stuff to loot, it's kind of a routine.

But that's ok, I understand this needs balance.

However we need to have some progress on the character.

We need more goal than just loot/eat/sleep, and craft is the first that come in my mind. In that kind of situation, I am pretty sure that anyone will try to improve his environment by any means.

I assure you CH in Stalker is no routine, no matter how many times you played the game already :D

Eat/sleep has to be fixed or adjusted somehow, I am just unsure how. Crafting won't fix it, because once you've crafted all you need you can still only eat/sleep. It does not break the cycle, it might only postpone it. I suggested once a system of vitamines and minerals you body needs. Every 3-5 days the "vitamine" bar goes down to 0 and your condition begins to drop. You need vitamines but they are only in food that cannot be stored for long. Everything cooked won't have vitamines, raw fish and meat does. The idea is to be forced to go out every few days and get some vitamines et voila, over are the times where one eat/sleeps for weeks.

Also, did you have a look in this thread? Most ideas you have are probably already discussed there:

http://hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3233

Yes, I hear you.

And I will probably start a new game in Stalker difficulty after some new patches,.

However, the difficulty settings can't be the only answer to this "issue".

For me, difficulty levels should only be here to define how the game forgives mistakes...

Thx for the link, I will check it .

But my big idea is still not posted anywhere, so I wait until somebody from the devs will ask for it :D

It would blow your mind just like TLD itself, and it perfectly fit to the game.

Secret :D

Tell us your secret... we promise we won't tell the interwebs!! :lol:

My secret will be revealed in time, and you gonna be surprised and ashamed at the same time, how you could not think of it earlier.

The topic is still reasonable, we are here, waiting to feel again the urge to climb the next mountain while the cold wind blowing in to our face, but this time with a proper equipment, food and water for days in our backpack, ready to kill a wolf bare handed if necessary.

We are totally survivors, we are better at sewing than a dress maker, and we can fix anything if you have the scrap metal, but we will ask a bullet for it as a price for our crafting.

First, we had to struggle to stay alive between the harshest conditions, but we did it.

Now we are alone, ruling the wilderness with our teeth and hands, thinking of, if worth making it further, or just lay down and sleep until mother nature solve our struggles.

[A falling star appear and disappear as our fellow survivor goes to sleep]

Archived