Wish List: "Cook and Eat/Drink" button, and others

r0gershrubber

This is just a compiled list of my suggestions for improving the game.

• Cook and Eat/Drink - Add a "Cook and Eat/Drink" button to the cooking interface so that we don't have to close the cooking menu to eat or drink the item we just prepared.
  • Hot Keys for Common Tasks - Add hot key options for common tasks like Drink Potable Water, Forage Wood, Start a Fire, and Treat Injury.
  • Forage for Cloth and Scrap Metal - Allow the player to forage a limited number of cloth and scrap metal in appropriate locations
  • Differentiate the Survivors - Give the survivors different starting equipment, movement speed, stealthiness, combat performance, carrying capacity, height, etc. Maybe even give each survivor a unique item that otherwise can't be found.
  • In-game Books Explain Game Mechanics - Make the books readable, and use them to explain game mechanics for new players.
  • Rare Items - I would like to see rare items that don't spawn every game to make each sandbox experience more unique. These could even just be upgraded versions of existing items that give the survivor a substantial leg up (e.g. a survival knife, a scoped rifle, ice fishing pole and tackle, manufactured traps, etc.)
  • Caffeinated Soft Drinks - Some of the soft drinks should contain caffeine and have an effect like coffee. "Summit" reminds me of Mountain Dew, so that seems a likely contender.
  • Compass - A compass would be a great item, regardless of how the geomagnetic storm works (i.e. temporary or recurring).

Thanks for a great game so far, devs!

First of all welcome to the community, glad we have you here, another great mind!

This is just a compiled list of my suggestions for improving the game.

• Cook and Eat/Drink - Add a "Cook and Eat/Drink" button to the cooking interface so that we don't have to close the cooking menu to eat or drink the item we just prepared.
    [align=justify]As you play more, you gonna figure out the cooking is a task many survivors spend a day or more with that, simply because they preparing meals for a week, however it would be great for a comfort sometimes. [/align]
  • Hot Keys for Common Tasks - Add hot key options for common tasks like Drink Potable Water, Forage Wood, Start a Fire, and Treat Injury.
    [align=justify]The hot keys are for survival at the moment with the benefit to keep the bindings controller friendly, however there may be features assigned to pc buttons as you listed here as a feature for more comfort.[/align]
  • Forage for Cloth and Scrap Metal - Allow the player to forage a limited number of cloth and scrap metal in appropriate locations
    [align=justify]Totally agree.[/align]
  • Differentiate the Survivors - Give the survivors different starting equipment, movement speed, stealthiness, combat performance, carrying capacity, height, etc. Maybe even give each survivor a unique item that otherwise can't be found.
    [align=justify]There are multiple topics about these, actually one of my favorite suggestions are about the statistics in order to provide more replaying value to a gem like TLD, you can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1543 worth to read it over before you post, because there are valid points of view about the whole game.[/align]
  • In-game Books Explain Game Mechanics - Make the books readable, and use them to explain game mechanics for new players.
    [align=justify]Just like the previous topic, you can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3844 definitely something TLD is in need of.[/align]
  • Rare Items - I would like to see rare items that don't spawn every game to make each sandbox experience more unique. These could even just be upgraded versions of existing items that give the survivor a substantial leg up (e.g. a survival knife, a scoped rifle, ice fishing pole and tackle, manufactured traps, etc.)
    [align=justify]Or if you invest time to create these things make it unique to gather or create, would be a bit more fun than finding it or not.[/align]
  • Caffeinated Soft Drinks - Some of the soft drinks should contain caffeine and have an effect like coffee. "Summit" reminds me of Mountain Dew, so that seems a likely contender.
    [align=justify]Exactly, there are multiple topics about how the protagonist supposed to be affected by long lasting or permanent, or temporal effects of different actions, items.[/align]
  • Compass - A compass would be a great item, regardless of how the geomagnetic storm works (i.e. temporary or recurring).
    [align=justify]Totally, agree, however it was downvoted by the community in one of the polls we created earlier.[/align]

Thanks for a great game so far, devs!

Thank you for participating in the brainstorm and please,

keep up the great work:d

Welcome

These are some great ideas. My favorite one is foraging for cloth and scrap metal. It makes a lot of sense to be able to do this at certain locations.

I also thought that the soft drinks should be caffeinated. Even if, they must contain a lot of sugar which should also affect fatigue.

Rare items will be good, maybe a Swiss army knife :)

Archived