Vanilla Loper - trying for new longest run.

Dalos

alright, spent more than 2 weeks eating bear meat, mending clothes and failing at fishing. it gets kind of nervy sleeping in the bear cave. I figure by the respawn rules on Interloper i have another week or so before i'd have to worry about the bear again, but wasn't going to chance it.

made my way to the cannery. didn't mess around trying to sprint either. just blue flared it and hoped for the best.

image.thumb.png.4c331b862e6d80969ada73a292b561d9.png

of course, here i sit a the cannery, wolves on my trail. One night down and no aurora. i have some food but don't want to stay more than a night or two and eat up my food reserves. didn't consider that the aurora would play games with me.

image.thumb.png.cfccaabb39e072bccbd727e7ff76f10c.png

back to the Muskeg. It's an odd thing going wolf hunting. You spend the whole game trying to avoid them but now you need them as food resources get more and more scarce.

and of course this guy gets the wolf fear and runs from me.

image.thumb.png.7f2a8611cb633dcd59ad3e0f6ec56d74.png

ugh, another suck fest at the muskeg.

cooked up the bear at the poachers. slept a good night and started back to my cave home the next day carrying the hide, some guts and about 10 KG of bear meat. caught a wolf on my trail and tried to run across some thing ice. didn't think to put on my special climbing gear and fell through the ice.

struggling but it was my own stupid mistake. no more friday night whiskey while playing.

image.thumb.png.d271a5492a62ae0d7255a58cd2b16f33.png

i couldn't resist. i used one of my stims because heaven forbid i do something stupid and lose it all.

i slept in. have enough food. i even have skins to fix up my ratty equipment, save some cloth, once it all cures.

not worth the risk when you play the long game.

this run is really interesting. i made it to 280 days on interloper one time but it was so g damn boring at the end i just left.

this one is different. i wonder what it will be like in 200 more days when there are no cattails left. when there's no rose hips or birch trees to make arrows.

let's f'n go!

On 8/6/2021 at 3:28 PM, Dalos said:

was thinking of staying at the homestead on FM bc of the forge, bed, etc. but if i have to light a fire every night to not die, this is untenable.

image.thumb.png.28941e87f5d604afed20962bc1d6bc07.png

I lived there for 50 days during a Kegstand. Besides a few days in a snow shelter anyways. Lots of wood needed. 

yep, it does seem like there is plenty of sticks on Interloper but not a ton of fire wood. I think it's possible to keep your clothing in good shape and sleep in the forge bed, only lighting a fire at nighttime. I did run into trouble during snow storms during the day when a fire was a must.

anyway, not much to report. Closing in on 200 days now. Still at FM but made side trip back to the basin then to Milton to get more cloth.

got a 6 KG wolf though which was pretty solid.

image.thumb.png.a984e39135d22bd0266a350c4401f1bd.png

passed the 200 days. Made it up to Milton again after a long trek  back to Mystery Lake, then Muskeg, then Milton Basin, etc.

hard to believe I haven't been here yet. Nice and foggy so that i can't see if the bear is there.

image.thumb.png.4e70f2e5ef9d9ff8a81b7084dda0e5c5.png

i wish i could have shared this shot with you.

the problem with killing that bear and bringing his stuff back to the cave near the trailer/work bench is the wolf that's always present. he's jumped me on my way back to the cave several times on several runs.

i tried to get him to chase me to where the little rabbits are on the way to the HRV cave but he wouldn't bite. I then climbed up stealthily on this little ridge above him, aimed and one shotted him like Robin Hood.

image.thumb.png.e8345dc727d99fe1757931a955fcecf1.png

On 8/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Gooner77 said:

I lived there for 50 days during a Kegstand. Besides a few days in a snow shelter anyways. Lots of wood needed. 

so Kegstand is pretty much Interloper on FM only right? did you die around 50 days or can it and start over?

interesting.

darn it.

i was curing a ton of rabbit pelts and guts. even 2 deer hides too. went out of the homestead, not out of desperation but getting greedy for some meat and this happened.

SOB.

oh well, not quite 5 days on the kegstand first try. It just stinks because it takes a ton of restarts to get the FM launch.

image.thumb.png.96d21edb2763c90b17fe4096aa416ef9.png