Vanilla Loper - trying for new longest run.

Dalos

Went from ML to Milton down to Milton basin, spending one night in the farmhouse. i thought i had been there already but apparently not. That's one negative about playing two runs at the same time.

anyway, Milton Basin has a gift for me, and i made it happen without missing terribly or breaking some ribs.

good spot to fall too. no wolves over here.

image.thumb.png.307444ce3bf32c1710e26a866ec04311.png

a little on cruise control in Milton Basin bc i have plenty of food. Killed a bunch of rabbits and carved up some deer in order to get my clothes to 100% again after that wolf attack. i did sneak down to the muskeg overlook and placed the rope from the cave there for later on in this run. gotta think ahead.

there was a nice looking moose grazing there but i let him go. plus there isn't a really good shooting spot. i do wonder if i will regret missing out bc a lot of times these moose appear for a day or two and then fade into the night.

anyway, i did finally get around to cleaning the cattails in the Basin bringing my total up to around 80. this will be good when food isn't so plentiful.

Also, hit sewing 4 which is good and now firestarting 5 which is great.

image.thumb.png.20eeea5b73c5f873247e9d9f05620173.png

need a plan now. can't keep farting around this cave forever. I would like to get my one bear skin coat repaired, but it's not in terrible shape. i also only have one sewing kit left so i've been repairing with fishing tackle which works pretty well at sewing 4.

i could either head down to FM and get back to the camp office that way, or i could head back through Milton, which i have not really looted yet.

i think i will do milton. i'll be carrying a uncured moose hide though.

day 123 - well that was stupid. stayed a night in grey mothers and was harvesting clothing and i didn't realize that instead of repairing my wool toque i harvested it. shit.

i have a wool scarf but that is -1 degree for not good reason.

i know i have another one somewhere. maybe the dam?

sh*t.

got him pretty good. good landing spot too. ended up chopping him to pieces and not even a wolf howl.

going to snow shelter it, eat my bear meat and craft a new bow (currently 20% condition) and arrows up the wazzoo before i head out to FM and then the Railroad.

image.thumb.png.40f36174205b16f03f8d46e580cc3f22.png

he wasn't as heavy as i thought. only like 30 KG and over half of it is gone now. i am not a fan of overkilling bc it takes so long for these guys to respawn.

but if i am in this for the long haul, i need more sustenance.

no one shot this time though.

image.thumb.png.31afb59f691f3e9d52622cbd27662ba4.png

took forever to find this guy. and i have lost some nice catches before.

he was hidden up the hill between the little cabin and the other side where the broken lookout is.

at least it wasn't on the side of a hill so i could make a fire.

image.thumb.png.decafa668afc0dce422d3de7eaca2382.png

ok, fast forward a couple weeks. obviously plenty of food at trappers but not much to do other than make up a new bow which was fine. i took a day trip on to the abandoned lookout and didn't get anything good. then another trip to the 3 trailers where i got a candy bar and another cooking pot.

i grabbed a bunch of bear meat and 1 hide and made it back to the camp office without incident. the plan is to stay at Mystery lake till this hide cures and then get all my stuff to 100% before heading through the muskeg and on the broken railroad. the elusive second wool ear wrap my be there. hopefully not ruined.

got archery 5 innocuously...just killing a little rabbit. anti climactic.

image.thumb.png.3d97d554453f490ac369e27554c1ffba.png

killed another bear at Broken Railroad with my magic arrow.

there was a moose up at the lodge too but the bear was easier bc of the hunting blind.

can i get 20 KG of meat back to the maintenance yard without wolf interference? probably not.

image.thumb.png.4ccf3e0a9869666a7cb2367b35f055a8.png

just passed 150 days. Decided to head through FM on top of the map, staying a night in the cave there. Then on to ML where i fished somewhat successfully for a day or two while my bear skin cured. I used that to fix up my one coat and some old skins to fix up my other stuff. Cold weather bonus is +29 now which isn't bad. i was able to find not one, but two wool toques in broken railroad so i will make sure not to harvest either of them.

in ML i found the hacksaw that i left there, which was stupid. got it back and repaired it. unfortunately, i had to use my hatchet for everything on BR and FM so instead of using my whetstones to repair it, i will just use the s out of it until i need a new one.

went through ML on to the ravine where i will stay before heading down and around to bleak inlet. picked up some dinner, breakfast and lunch first. Ravine works really well when you need a breather from bear and wolf attacks.

I also stopped at the dam where i was storing my one marine flare. will need that at the inlet i think.

Also, between BR and FM i got my stash of cattails to about 180 which equates to around 8 KG of weight, which is far too much. I stored some at the camp office and then more at the dam, so only carrying about 50 now. I know i will pick up more on the inlet transition.

image.thumb.png.e58b0c28713a1b9aa03bd0d01e74e140.png

and i had a feeling this would happen. I lug an extra climbing rope all the way from Coastal about 50 days ago, climbed it down the ravine. and i find this one waiting for me.

still i couldn't be 100% that it would be there so i couldn't risk it.

image.thumb.png.b7f09925d370bc670eba128d791078e8.png