Geared Deadman (with some tea)

Dalos

fast forwarding a few days. Made my way to the plane crash and stayed over night. had to keep a fire running all night though  but i had two bear meats and some rabbit and deer to cook up so ok. Even with +22 temp clothes bonus a little surprising but it's like half a cave anyway.

slept another night in the other cave halfway down to Mother's. then made it out of Milton and down the transition valley there and slept in the cave again. Trying to keep my cabin fever low because i'll need all of it to make my bear skin coat at the dam.

one nice little bonus, i picked up a homemade knife in one of the caves and sharpened it up. This will help my crafting quite a bit actually. so score on that.

picked up cooking 4 too.

image.thumb.png.a24c82cd7d56f85cfab9d7de87d10e11.png

got some good luck. made it to the dam after picking up a few more rifle bullets at the good lookout. this is nice bc i left my handgun back at the camp office. duh.

anyway, went to the ravine after dodging that wolf that always hangs at the dam and one shotted a dear right away. Carved him up and grabbed my two bear skins and actually made it back to the dam without freezing.

now i am running on fumes after drinking cold coffee to cook up this guy. This will be food while i craft my bear coat.

praying that the lights don't go on automatically, so to speak...

image.thumb.png.ef4b8c53b91592400aa0f46a1a9bb123.png

ugh, wtf is wrong with me. I've been carrying this improvised knife through two maps thinking it will save me crafting time. it doesn't. it's actually about 6 hours worse than the regular knife.

whatever. Bear Skin coat crafted.

image.thumb.png.61fea7cfabf5321586baf3f3ad97fdaf.png

ok, day 42 - went back to camp office to get my revolver. There's probably one i left somewhere in pleasant valley but i can't remember (spray paint useful???)

in any case, the plan is formed. gonna do a little mountain climbing. no summitting, i'll save that for late game but there's no rules against picking up stuff from the plane boxes off the summit.

but what i really need is the tactical backpack. And that is up in the nether reaches of Ass Canyon.

gonna stay a night or two in the cave above mystery lake and then make the long trek through PV to TWM.

and now after day 40 the world is getting cold as a MF.

image.png

heading back up through PV to the mountain now. it's always kinda weird when you walk back through your own  footsteps. Sometimes you find stuff you missed but to me it's always accentuates the feeling of loneliness.

image.thumb.png.c55e2cd8ff434cf80299e52458ce279f.png

well that sucked. had it going pretty good. shot the bear by the wing section. picked up a hacksaw and emptied the two containers. even shot a wolf too.

but this other wolf got me heading out of there.

condition maybe at 30% now.

image.thumb.png.eeb9bf5d88128da89000aadc0c5235ad.png

picked up fire starting 4. had to read some books to get there though.

did i say i wasn't going to summit? i am rethinking that right now. I made it to most of the other containers and to quote spaceballs," we ain't found S*it"

image.thumb.png.764c14bd20b6874afdde397b01642955.png

so i caved and made the summit. it's after day 60 and the world is damn cold. I just didn't want to summit right off the bat and get all the prime gear.

and i thought about the 10 or so tries i've made at this run that ended horribly and how after that last wolf attack it took a stim and about 10 birch teas and i am still only at 75% condition.

so i got the decent gear and headed back down the mountain to the lake hut.

it's a welcome sight.

image.thumb.png.4197937563c004c3ce3bd8c6f20d68a7.png

got rifling 5. haven't been using that too much so it must be the power of the 25 chapter books plus the 10% book read bonus.

rested up a few days, sharped my axe, cleaned my handgun. Time to trek to the canyon.

image.thumb.png.9c6b30b450818057c06ee3c30ce9f80d.png

dammit. i was gonna take advantage of good weather and head to the canyon but my fatigue was a little high and i would need to make it all the way passed the fishing spot to the little cabin.

was going to spend the night in the cave in the ravine area of TWM before heading over. some how this jerk found me and now i am right back to 60% condition.

image.thumb.png.a5ea787d52f4d95f5fa8d8cb3022ecec.png

got handgun 4, which is nice and i will need it. i was hoping to pick up a marine flare for my climb up but no dice. Slept a night in one of the caves near the hut. trying to stave off cabin fever. I also forgot to bring a lantern which sucks bc going up through the one cave near all the wolves is murder without one.

image.thumb.png.abbd84cc4eb6868c8ba84cbc65e1110f.png

wish i could say heading out of the canyon was uneventful but i got attacked once again coming down from the angler's den to the fishing hut. I fired a warning shot well ahead of time and everything. i did pick up enough birch to make 7 teas though. There were some really weird big ones too, but i guess they still only count as one.

condition back down now to about 45%

image.thumb.png.26b1ec85185c45eaba951a8695b25581.png