Hello fellow survors, I need help with the hydro dam.

melkson

Hello, i'm Melkson, I just got this game and played about 5 hours and love it.

I found what looks to be a hydro dam. In the generator room on the left upper catwalk I can see what looks like a control room. I searched all around, but cannot find an entance.

Can anyone help me out?

I have a few more quick questions.

Can I combine two jerry cans?

Whats up with not being able to climb a 6 inch ledge?

Thank you, I like websites that don't have people acting like brats.

Ok, i'll go chect the dam.

for all i know I looted it without noticing it was the control room.

So, any basic tips for a beginner? I'm currently on the easiest mode until I have a good grasp of the games dynamics.

Yeah everyone here are pretty great! I guess some basic ones would be hoard all the processed food you can. Find a house to base yourself out of and hoard every thing you can! I could give much more but it's extremely satisfying to learn what you need to do and put it to the test. Took me a long time to get past 30 days!

• 1 month later...

My starter advice would be firstly to stay out of the howling wind as it destroys your clothes pretty quickly and secondly figure out which buildings have fireplaces for indoor cooking/melting snow. For example, the dam has a burn barrel in the basement.

Okay, what (if anything) can be done about the dam wolf?

Every time I've been in there, the wolf is on me before I see or hear it. I even put out lamps once so I would see it coming, but it was already charging by the time it came into the light and the flare was useless.

Is there a trick to this? If I do scare it off does it have a way out of the dam, or am I trapped inside with a ticked off wolf?

You'll have to kill Fluffy if you want safe harbor and access to what might be inside the building. If you know Fluffy is inside, you should find a weapon - knife or hatchet before you venture inside. Also, make sure you are at full health and have bandages and disinfectant because you will get hurt in the fight.

You might be able to use the rifle as well, but I haven't had luck with that in my limited Fluffy encounters...

I usually don't get to make those kinds of choices.

But I did shoot a pouncing wolf tonight, which did not stop the attack but did weaken it enough for me to fight it off. I patched my character up, followed the blood trail, and got some meat and a nice pelt.

I suppose if I want to risk the dam wolf encounter I can set up a lamp in the inner doorway, then crouch with the rifle and wait. I just hope the weather holds so I can get there at full health...

Okay, I finally managed to spend some time in the hydro dam.

If either the control room or the storage room beside it (preferably the storage room) had a door like the one on the Forestry Tower, would it be possible to bait the wolf into the room and then close the door to trap it? It would be a unique way to deal with the only wolf (I know of) in an enclosed space, and a real help for characters who start a game near the hydro dam, or characters who haven't found any tools or weapons yet.

If the rooms were combined, and had two viable doors, the character could be the bait to lure the wolf in, then just has to close both doors before the wolf gets out.

Just a thought.

Jack what I do at the damn as soon as I come through the front door is turn left and go straight to the corner where I squat down and wait. From there the light is good and you can clearly see the door into the storage room. I squat down...rifle at the ready and listen for Fluffys padding feet. He seems to cross the door just a bit then turns towards you. from there you have plenty of time to take a good aim and knock him down without taking any damage yourself. If by chance you only nick him....hunt him down and take him out with your knife at which point you may take some damage, but it is all worth it in the long run.

I deal with fluffy exactly the same as Bill: Uppon entering directly placing a lamp just in front of the stairs downwards, and then wait next to the lockers facing the stairs. If I happen to don't have a rifle with me, like having spawned right in front of the damn dam, I just don't enter it. :?

What would be really... cool... would be having very different behaviour for fluffy (or for all wolves >:D) in this fight. So you can't rely anylonger on: "So he has not came up from the stairs after 12 secs., so he is not alive. End of story." But sometimes having him come up later, or hiding behind the 2 large machineries in the cellar that look like beer brewing coppers, so you consider yourself in safety. Yet... :twisted:

Archived