Fun new weapon!

Leeanda

7 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

A gun amnesty solves nothing... the people that have them legally are not a problem to society.. they are law abiding people who..at least here in Canada are vetted daily by the RCMP.. it's the illegally obtained weapons that are at issue... and those won't be turned in

I see your point but it's just a shame that  it got to this point in the first place! Although quite a few illegal ones were handed over when we last had an amnesty! ! And that is the point of them after all.

Edited by Leeanda

2 hours ago, Cr41g said:

A gun amnesty solves nothing... the people that have them legally are not a problem to society.. they are law abiding people who..at least here in Canada are vetted daily by the RCMP.. it's the illegally obtained weapons that are at issue... and those won't be turned in

It's a very complicated issue--the legally obtained guns are the root of the problem. No felon walks into a sporting goods store and and buys a shotgun for instance. They steal them from people who already bought them legally. Or buy them from private sellers who don't perform background checks. The law-abiding citizens are the unwitting source of the weapons that make it onto the black market. So you're faced with a problem where you block law abiding citizens from obtaining them, which causes an outrage because they are temporarily outgunned by the criminal element. Even if it is a fundamentally necessary part of an ultimate solution. You can't fix the problem until you cut off the supply...and unfortunately the supply is people who can rightfully own them. That's the crux of the issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

It's a very complicated issue--the legally obtained guns are the root of the problem. No felon walks into a sporting goods store and and buys a shotgun for instance. They steal them from people who already bought them legally. Or buy them from private sellers who don't perform background checks. The law-abiding citizens are the unwitting source of the weapons that make it onto the black market. So you're faced with a problem where you block law abiding citizens from obtaining them, which causes an outrage because they are temporarily outgunned by the criminal element. Even if it is a fundamentally necessary part of an ultimate solution. You can't fix the problem until you cut off the supply...and unfortunately the supply is people who can rightfully own them. That's the crux of the issue.

not here they aren't... gun thefts from legal owners here aren't that common due to restrictive storage obligations.. our sole issue and the one the government won't address "because its hard" is the flood of guns that enter our country illegally from south of the border, its far easier to pick on an easier target like legal gun owners so the social media crowd thinks they are actually doing something

• Like 1

Please don't start arguing! this forum lately has turned into a full scale Jerry springer episode!  The only time a gun is a good thing is when you're about to get mauled,!🙂in game or real life!  

Im just glad that most people choose not to use them!

Edited by Leeanda

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Please don't start arguing! this forum lately has turned into a full scale Jerry springer episode!  The only time a gun is a good thing is when you're about to get mauled,!🙂in game or real life!  

Im just glad that most people choose not to use them!

I believe its a discussion...  I don't see any name calling, capital letters or loss of emotion by anyone...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

No offence intended! I'm probably just being over sensitive after all the aggro here lately!

Like i had mentioned previously elsewhere... I have not been to the forum in quite some time.. as a long time player... the change here was very evident on my return... i think you will find no aggro from me

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

Like i had mentioned previously elsewhere... I have not been to the forum in quite some time.. as a long time player... the change here was very evident on my return... i think you will find no aggro from me

It certainly is getting worse , presumably because of recent events! It's a pity these situations don't bring out the best in everyone,when it's most needed! And I didn't mean to imply anything!  

3 hours ago, Cr41g said:

not here they aren't... gun thefts from legal owners here aren't that common due to restrictive storage obligations..

And unfortunately here, even that would result in a flurry of hooting and hollering about how it infringes on rights. You can keep a fully loaded shotgun propped up by the unlocked front door. A random passer-by can reach in and grab it, blow away a random stranger, and whoops! Not your fault because you didn't pull the trigger and can't be held liable for it being stolen.

It's absolutely bonkers. But yeah, holding gun owners accountable for what happens with their weapons would encourage them to either lock them down harder, or perhaps abstain altogether. So that might be a good start, if you could convince politicians to agree on even that much. It's absolutely terrifying how rarely guns are secured, and when they are, just how poorly. Case in point, I picked my uncle's basement gun safe open using scrap scavenged from that very room just to prove a point.

Edit: Oh and his response? "Well if it's that worthless, guess I won't bother locking them up." N...no, that is the wrong lesson here my dude...

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, A Trico Fan said:

they should add one more firearm in ep 4 when you get spotted they fire a gun at you thats not a rifle or a relvoler that would be cool maybe a glock

Personally I'd like lots of firearms! But I'm very trigger happy! In game only of course!

15 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Case in point, I picked my uncle's basement gun safe open using scrap scavenged from that very room just to prove a point.

Edit: Oh and his response? "Well if it's that worthless, guess I won't bother locking them up." N...no, that is the wrong lesson here my dude...

definitely not the lesson.....

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

And what are your thoughts on a taser?🙂

Hmmm...

Well, if a police department ever gets added to Great Bear, then that would be a good place to find one. Or, some gang lord’s bodyguard got killed by a wolf and we find it on his dead body.

As for using it, we would definitely need an aurora, and it would be a struggle weapon, possibly also usable to light a fire. However, using it would require careful timing, at least a few seconds to charge up a good spark ready to use, sort of like placing the Bear Spear. If we held it for too long then we would get zapped, not long enough and it would not be very effective. And, of course, it would not spawn on Interloper. 🙁.

All in all, it’s a pretty good idea, if a bit unlikely to be found, considering the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Hmmm...

Well, if a police department ever gets added to Great Bear, then that would be a good place to find one. Or, some gang lord’s bodyguard got killed by a wolf and we find it on his dead body.

As for using it, we would definitely need an aurora, and it would be a struggle weapon, possibly also usable to light a fire. However, using it would require careful timing, at least a few seconds to charge up a good spark ready to use, sort of like placing the Bear Spear. If we held it for too long then we would get zapped, not long enough and it would not be very effective. And, of course, it would not spawn on Interloper. 🙁.

All in all, it’s a pretty good idea, if a bit unlikely to be found, considering the circumstances.

Agreed.  If it had been a more modern setting then there might've been a possibility,at Milton bank or blackrock prison maybe.  

Nothing spawns on loper,that's one of the reasons I've never played it. I like scouring  around for things.   

I'd still like to see a wolf with it's hair sticking up though😁

• Upvote 1