Fun new weapon!

Leeanda

30 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

Why not make your own wish list post?

I did. I kept it separate from the silly ones though since my ideas in that post are legitimate such as friction fire. Slingshot.  Interface suggestions to reduce repetition. Stuff like that.

I don’t want to mix it in with silly thread topics like sausage makers, tasers and Marshmallow guns.  The OP said the taser was a silly suggestion just for fun, so I figured it fit here  

Nothing I do is without reason. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I did. I kept it separate from the silly ones though since my ideas in that post are legitimate such as friction fire. Slingshot.  Stuff like that.

I don’t want to mix it in with silly thread topics like sausage makers, tasers and Marshmallow guns.  

Nothing I do is without reason. 

Seems pretty without reason to respond to this thread at all. Just saying. You made it abundantly clear you don't like these types of threads/ideas, so why contribute to the conversation? Why not just move on and enjoy what it is you -do- like? Kinda rude for you to continue to poke fun at and disrespect other people's concepts by calling them "silly" or suggesting they're at all less legitimate than your own. 

4 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

Seems pretty without reason to respond to this thread at all. Just saying. You made it abundantly clear you don't like these types of threads/ideas, so why contribute to the conversation? Why not just move on and enjoy what it is you -do- like? Kinda rude for you to continue to poke fun at and disrespect other people's concepts by calling them "silly" or suggesting they're at all less legitimate than your own. 

Ummm the OP said it was silly. Several times. I fully agree so I put all silly stuff in the silly suggestion thread. 
  It’s courtesy.  It helps people who want to look at legitimate suggestions have an easier time finding them. 
  They will at some point put friction fire and a slingshot in the game. There will never ever ever be a portable sausage maker or a taser or marshmallow gun. Ever. So I am merely helping by putting suggestions on correct locations. Thus, marshmallow gun in this thread. 
like I said, always a reason. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Ummm the OP said it was silly. Several times. I fully agree so I put all silly stuff in the silly suggestion thread. 
  It’s courtesy. 

I mean... you're clearly just being passive aggressive and disrespectful about it, so... I don't see much of a point. Seems to me, and maybe I'm wrong, who knows... but it seems to me like you're trying to bully or shame the OP into thinking the way you do, and honestly? That's probably the silliest thing I've ever seen anyone on these forums do. Shame that you'd rather waste your time doing the unconstructive thing like trolling other people's threads, than actually trying to put out good ideas. 

7 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

Thanks for the support ,much appreciated.! But it's a waste of time talking to someone like that! Don't worry I can take it,I just can't be bothered so he's on the ignore list

Edited by Leeanda

2 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

I mean... you're clearly just being passive aggressive and disrespectful about it, so... I don't see much of a point. Seems to me, and maybe I'm wrong, who knows... but it seems to me like you're trying to bully or shame the OP into thinking the way you do, and honestly? That's probably the silliest thing I've ever seen anyone on these forums do. Shame that you'd rather waste your time doing the unconstructive thing like trolling other people's threads, than actually trying to put out good ideas. 

What you think is truly irrelevant to me.  I will decide what threads I do or don’t participate in. Thanks for offering to do that for me but I politely decline. 
 If you are worried about wasting time then the real questions is why are you in a thread suggesting stuff that is silly and will never be in the game?  I am just here to see the silly ideas to pass time.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Thanks for the support ,much appreciated.! But it's a waste of time talking to someone like that!

Yeah. Haha. The mom in me tries to appeal to people's decency, but I'm starting to realize you gotta have some, for that to work. Clearly Lord won't be satisfied until he's been ignored by everyone on these forums, and it's a shame, because he probably has some credible ideas, but no one will be able to read them. 

4 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

What you think is truly irrelevant to me.  I will decide what threads I do or don’t participate in. Thanks for offering to do that for me but I politely decline. 

So you are trolling on purpose? Okay. That's all I needed to know. I just wasn't sure if you were doing it intentionally or it just came across that way. 

2 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

So you are trolling on purpose? Okay. That's all I needed to know. I just wasn't sure if you were doing it intentionally or it just came across that way. 

No. You are trolling. I was contributing. 
   I mentioned potato spud and marshmallow guns. 
  What did you suggest other than arguing with me?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

Yeah. Haha. The mom in me tries to appeal to people's decency, but I'm starting to realize you gotta have some, for that to work. Clearly Lord won't be satisfied until he's been ignored by everyone on these forums, and it's a shame, because he probably has some credible ideas, but no one will be able to read them. 

I know!  at least two other people I know have put him on theirs today already!  Good job there are a lot of good people in the world! Makes up for the not so good ones! 

3 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

No. You are trolling. I was contributing. 
   I mentioned potato spud and marshmallow guns. 
  What did you suggest other than arguing with me?

Well, if you read through the replies, you would see I made a few contributions, including one that would render the OPs suggestion useful. If you really think that Potato spuds and marshmallow guns are a valuable suggestion, you should make them in a new thread. Otherwise, that's just trolling. 

But I'm not an admin. Do what you want. I wish I understood why folks like you would rather be seen as aggressive and disrespectful than someone other people could glean knowledge from, but there's no sense sneaking through a rusty gate. Have a good afternoon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Why would I think a potato gun is a valuable suggestion? That makes no sense.  It’s a silly suggestion. How come others can make what they admit are silly suggestions just for fun and I can’t?   I don’t understand that. 
  You can’t hold me back. So I am going to also suggest a bubble gun that looks like a taser gun!  The animal thinks he’s gonna get tazed  and he says “don’t taze me bro” but then it just shoots out bubbles! Yes that would be fun!!!

Just because you say you're posting silly stuff, doesn't mean you're doing it out of actual silliness. Everyone here can tell that these suggestions you've made were forced, therefore making it counterintuitive to what you say. Just because you post silly ideas, doesn't mean they are true to the meaning.

14 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

Just because you say you're posting silly stuff, doesn't mean you're doing it out of actual silliness. Everyone here can tell that these suggestions you've made were forced, therefore making it counterintuitive to what you say. Just because you post silly ideas, doesn't mean they are true to the meaning.

I wouldn't waste your time, it's not worth it! 

Actually, thinking along the lines of the OP... I wonder if you could have something like pepper spray or mace -- rare, obviously, but it would be interesting. Something used specifically in those moments when you're -being- mauled. A pepper-spray to the face for the wolf and he's not gonna worry too much about biting YOUR face anymore. Might also work on a bear if it's specifically a 'bear deterrent' variant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ElleJoy said:

Actually, thinking along the lines of the OP... I wonder if you could have something like pepper spray or mace -- rare, obviously, but it would be interesting. Something used specifically in those moments when you're -being- mauled. A pepper-spray to the face for the wolf and he's not gonna worry too much about biting YOUR face anymore. Might also work on a bear if it's specifically a 'bear deterrent' variant. 

Haha, it would give me great satisfaction to pepper spray a wolf in the face. Though I personally wouldn't use it much, on the off chance it did get added, it's fun to think of the torment that I'd put the poor carnivores, and moose, through.

And same with tazers. I could imagine sneaking up on a sleeping bear and just giving them the shock of their lives. (Pun intended 😆)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha, it would give me great satisfaction to pepper spray a wolf in the face. Though I personally wouldn't use it much, on the off chance it did get added, it's fun to think of the torment that I'd put the poor carnivores, and moose, through.

And same with tazers. I could imagine sneaking up on a sleeping bear and just giving them the shock of their lives. (Pun intended 😆)

Lol. I feel like this game has traumatized us a little...

On 10/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, ElleJoy said:

...thinking about the usefulness of items besides their intended game purpose...

Exactly. Destroying objects (and getting scrap metal or reclaimed wood)... maybe even crushing rocks - and melting them in furnace for metal?  Building a tent... or having hammer and nails, so that some improvised furniture can be fixed or rebuilt? Or even building some kind of a fence... That would create new opportunities and experiences...

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

dear survivors. it's so fun and curious to read everything that's going on here. Although nothing new, everything is as always.

And everything started so well. By the way, I appreciated the electric shock. At least because I would really like to see in the game more freedom of interaction with electrical appliances during the aurora borealis. Even if it's a tizer. or a microwave, refrigerator, yes, let it be a toaster.... Tizer will do, too.)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, k0s0ff said:

At least because I would really like to see in the game more freedom of interaction with electrical appliances during the aurora borealis. Even if it's a tizer. or a microwave, refrigerator, yes, let it be a toaster.... Tizer will do, too.)

I agree. I'd love to be able to use microwaves during the aurora especially

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k0s0ff said:

dear survivors. it's so fun and curious to read everything that's going on here. Although nothing new, everything is as always.

And everything started so well. By the way, I appreciated the electric shock. At least because I would really like to see in the game more freedom of interaction with electrical appliances during the aurora borealis. Even if it's a tizer. or a microwave, refrigerator, yes, let it be a toaster.... Tizer will do, too.)

I know what you mean. I wish the microwave worked too! Put a steak in ,wait for the aurora and ping! It'd save a lot of wood!😁 

Did wonder where all the kettles are though!?

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1