Does anyone know the average respawn times for moose? Thought bears took longer but the bears in CH have respawned but the moose hasn't!!

I know it can depend on how much and how often they are killed but I've only hunted the moose once!

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

From my observations, Moose are the only animal where you can't predict their spawn.  Don't wait around is my advice.

Yeah I tried keeping a journal and after ~500 in-game days the results were consistently inconsistent. I mean so wildly inconsistent I decided to just screw the whole thing and go with "it's totally random". For instance, I once shot a moose in Milton Basin, another at the Marsh Ridge, and a third outside Carter Dam. All three kills were within a 48-hour period. And on the flip side, I've also gone over 100 days without a single moose sighting.

I did wait at Quonset for about a week or two ( had some bears to kill) but did have a few blizzards! Wondered if they affect spawning?all three bears had respawned! And had then somehow mysteriously turned into lovely steaks!

Plus the moose at PV fishing spot turns up regularly!

The big difference between the the moose respawning and every other animal, is that the Moose is a sort of random- wandering spawn. The moose respawned, just maybe not in that region again, or in the spawn spot in that region.

As said above, with the moose, it's best to not wait for them to return. Instead continue your journey and maybe you'll cross paths again.

I have seen the Moose spawn multiple times at the pond along the road between Milton and the Spruce Falls Bridge.  I stopped hunting it after I had my moose hide satchel, extra hide and moose jacket.  In my Voyager run experience it despawns after 2-3 days and a month can easily go by before I see it spawn again.