Just a Funny poll so you don't get tired while waiting for next episode !

alone sniper

Which one will happen sooner ?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be calm grasshopper. Like all good things the next episode will come when you least expect it. And will be all that much sweeter for being a surprise. XD

That said, cool fun fact, thanks! I didnt know the Half-life of a Proton was 10^32 Years !

Edited by FluffyComeHome
  • Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

The decay of protons is just theoretical as it is merely predict by Grand Unified Theory, for which there are a few good reasons to believe in, but it is yet to be proven accurate.

Since there are also good reasons to believe in the existence of Episode 4, but no statement approaching certainty can be made about it there is no valid way to answer this question.

"Neither" is very much a possible answer.

Edited by jeffpeng

On 6/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, jeffpeng said:

The decay of protons is just theoretical as it is merely predict by Grand Unified Theory, for which there are a few good reasons to believe in, but it is yet to be proven accurate.

Since there are also good reasons to believe in the existence of Episode 4, but no statement approaching certainty can be made about it there is no valid way to answer this question.

"Neither" is very much a possible answer.

Yep ! 😅

On 6/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, FluffyComeHome said:

That said, cool fun fact, thanks! I didnt know the Half-life of a Proton was 10^32 Years !

Protons are only theorized to have a half life according to some people. Also if they do decay, 10^32 is probably the minimum but it is likely to be much longer.

Guest jeffpeng

If we consider many (infinte) worlds theory, there is a universe where the long dark has happened and episode 5 is playing out in reality right now. Although .... "right now" is pretty hard to determine for events taking place in another universe. But just consider there are infinitely many universes with better graphics. Who cares about proton decay in a multiverse with nuclear donuts.

But, here is the thing about the poll. I am not a physicist 😅 just an enthusiast.
But let's assume proton decay happen sooner than the release of episode 4.
If this happened, there won't be any episode 4 due to proton decay ... right?  😂😂😂
So, let's hope @Raphael van Lierop Finish releasing it before proton decay. 😄

Edited by alone sniper

Guest jeffpeng
21 hours ago, alone sniper said:

But let's assume proton decay happen sooner than the release of episode 4.
If this happened, there won't be any episode 4 due to proton decay ... right?  😂😂😂

If real, proton decay will most likely also adhere to the rules of half life, meaning that if it is real it doesn't all happen in n amount of time, but 50% will have happened in n amount of time. This also means that no matter how short n becomes, some protons, albeit very few, will have already decayed, just nobody has observed it.

So if Episode 4 releases in n years, where n is the half life of a proton, then still only half of all protons will have decayed, so there still is enough matter in the universe to build a half decent PC to actually play it.

This is of course only true if we assume that all protons actually do decay no matter if they are bound in a weak-stable configuration or not. Such a weak-stable configuration is any stable nucleus, including the ever abundant hydrogen. Neutrons, for example, only do decay if they are separated from the nucleus they emerge from (due to beta type decay, for example), but not if they are in a weak-stable configuration such as, let's say, Helium 4.

So, bottom line: even if we assume that protons eventually do decay if they are stripped from their electron, the chance of this happening in sufficient numbers so that baryonic matter decay should become relevant is so low that the universe will not only very likely be around for Episode 4, but also for Half-Live 3 and StarCraft: Ghost.

Edit: having done this very important analysis I revert my stance and conclude, that Episode 4 will arrive earlier with sufficient probability to consider it statistically inevitable.

Edited by jeffpeng

On 6/12/2021 at 9:30 PM, FluffyComeHome said:

Be calm grasshopper. Like all good things the next episode will come when you least expect it. And will be all that much sweeter for being a surprise. XD

Yes You are right,We should Just Waith a bit longer

Just like Half life 3...it will come out.......Right ?.........Please I need it

Even fluffy agrees with Me...Right fluffy ?

Fluffy:(Bark) (Bark)

Traslation:I am held here againts my will,Send Help

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...