HRV love or loathe?

Leeanda

10 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

try planning your next road trip with a map instead of turn-by-turn directions from a GPS.

Well, it's all garmin and google maps for me! On long trips, I actually have both running!😂

I find navigating not very hard when following a fandom map in TLD! In-game map is another story. Back when playing on PS1 game called driver, I was navigational king lol! Many great memories!

There's also a moose that spawns on Monolith Lake sometimes. That one's generally safe to butcher without getting attacked by wolves. There is also a moose that spawns near Valley Cave, but a wolf sometimes spawns near there in harder difficulties.

Guest jeffpeng
On 6/11/2021 at 1:06 AM, Stinky socks said:

I find navigating not very hard when following a fandom map in TLD! In-game map is another story.

I don't do maps. At all. I'm always fascinated how "different" the actual maps look like what I had the terrain made out to be in my head. There is some amazing magic going on in your head that allows it, without metric or measure, to come up with a very much workable abstraction of the real world. And it's stunning how well this translates to a game like TLD.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, mfuegemann said:

I just found out that the moose satchel is not guaranteed there on interloper. Oh my, now I have to go back and find a real moose.

Nope, no satchel. I found that out the hard way, too, back in the day 😅

On 6/12/2021 at 1:45 AM, Glflegolas said:

There's also a moose that spawns on Monolith Lake sometimes. That one's generally safe to butcher without getting attacked by wolves. There is also a moose that spawns near Valley Cave, but a wolf sometimes spawns near there in harder difficulties.

I have a difficult relationship with the valley. It's a nice part of the world, it has some resources and it is mostly safe, but if you get a bad streak with weather or wildlife you might end your journey down there. I've read about some fella who got trampled by the aforementioned moose down there. No idea how to salvage that situation unless you are so well equipped that you effectively don't need fire to stay warm in that cave. Assuming you spend 20 hours a day resting, that's still 6 full days you need to recover, and there is not enough firewood down there to fuel just half of that time. Sure, you can always stim your way out of that IF you have a stim.

9 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

I have a difficult relationship with the valley. It's a nice part of the world, it has some resources and it is mostly safe, but if you get a bad streak with weather or wildlife you might end your journey down there. I've read about some fella who got trampled by the aforementioned moose down there. No idea how to salvage that situation unless you are so well equipped that you effectively don't need fire to stay warm in that cave. Assuming you spend 20 hours a day resting, that's still 6 full days you need to recover, and there is not enough firewood down there to fuel just half of that time. Sure, you can always stim your way out of that IF you have a stim.

I'm assuming you're talking about the area around Valley Cave, which on the wiki is called the Lower Valley. Not bringing a bedroll down there can also be a death trap. Sure, one will always spawn in Valley Cave itself (except on Interloper), but if for some reason it has deteriorated away, you'll be in a bit of a bind because you can't sleep. Personally I tend to avoid going to that part of the map unless I'm rather well equipped, and can sleep in the cave without a fire most of the time.