Going into space

Pyroxene

Add to TLD would be ridiculous BUT if hinterlands made a survival space game, I’d definitely but it! I think it all the time as I play how much fun either a desolate planet (Mars colony survivor) or abandoned space station  (along the lines of system shock 1/2 but without as much action). 
Likely won’t happen but can dream 😋

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Syraith said:

Add to TLD would be ridiculous BUT if hinterlands made a survival space game, I’d definitely but it! I think it all the time as I play how much fun either a desolate planet (Mars colony survivor) or abandoned space station  (along the lines of system shock 1/2 but without as much action). 
Likely won’t happen but can dream 😋

There is a game pretty much exactly what you've described. It's called Osiris: New Dawn. currently, TLD is a far superior game, but I'm hopeful Osiris will get better with updates. Hinterland has done such an amazing job with TLD, and if Himterland releases any new games in the future, I'd be very interested to buy them.

@Omnijackthere are some out there I’m sure, my point matches yours though. Hinterlands did such an amazing job with the mechanics and story in TLD, I’d just love the same but in new environments. They truly are a gem in a pile of coal that had become the gaming industry 😋

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:13 AM, manolitode said:

Agreed, interstellar travel is the next logical step for TLD. Let's include the spaceship in the crafting system. 400 metal scraps, some gunpowder and a couple of moose hides for insulation and off you go!

After that you grab rail gun from a space ship and blow fluffy away with it dont worry this is alien they made it Solar Flare immune

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Pyroxene said:

Imagine if Will found an abandoned UFO in Forlorn Muskeg at night and sat in it... Then he traveled over light speed to another star with an Earth-like planet. 

Pretty exciting!

Well, actually....

"Surviving on another planet" with similar game mechanics seem to me like a good idea for optional DLC. After all developer work on all episodes would be done.
I would play such DLC.

• Upvote 2