How to bypass the first rope in TWM

Gun Tech.

I do not know if the "shortcut" to the Deer clearing level had been fixed (it comes down in the other arm out of that "cave" shown but some time ago people would occasionally get cut off from the summit because they would take the rope to climb up to Deer clearing and deploy it at the shortcut (which when it was broken meant you could climb down but could not come back and get to the rope to climb up). Then they goated their way down from the Summit. 

So this demonstrates that yes you can if you're mumble enough to cut yourself off from the upper levels. 

Based on the loot from the corpse inside the cave, looks like you had a shot at getting the hacksaw at the plane.  Was it there or did you collapse the run after ending the video?

I'm anxious to give your route a try.  The extra sprains sort of scare me... still might be inclined to take the rope and hope for cloth somewhere in order to make a snow shelter.

Edited by UpUpAway95

I cut here because I talk a lot when streaming sharing advice, and most Youtubers like short and to the point videos. (Or maybe it's a vocal minority?) In either case, I went to the cave and warmed up and then got to the plane safely. The Interloper challenge condition, though, is to climb the rope and be able to warm up before getting an affliction from cold (Frostbite or Hypothermia). So for the day 1 summit challenge, any way to do this is accepted.

Hacksaw spawn at the summit is 50%, so I recommend against day 1 summits as per the title. But you can use this route from the Hut too if you find the hacksaw there, to save the same amount of energy. As for this spawn, the slightest delay (to avoid afflictions from the cold) may leave you at the base of the final rope with not enough energy, and you have to (try to) make it to safety.

With no means of sleeping, loss of energy translates into health loss. More energy left leaves you with more health to spend goating down from the plane to the nearest bed - Mountaineer's Hut.

Edited by Gun Tech.

38 minutes ago, Gun Tech. said:

I cut here because I talk a lot when streaming sharing advice, and most Youtubers like short and to the point videos. (Or maybe it's a vocal minority?) In either case, I went to the cave and warmed up and then got to the plane safely. The Interloper challenge condition, though, is to climb the rope and be able to warm up before getting an affliction from cold (Frostbite or Hypothermia). So for the day 1 summit challenge, any way to do this is accepted.

Hacksaw spawn at the summit is 50%, so I recommend against day 1 summits as per the title. But you can use this route from the Hut too if you find the hacksaw there, to save the same amount of energy. As for this spawn, the slightest delay (to avoid afflictions from the cold) may leave you at the base of the final rope with not enough energy, and you have to (try to) make it to safety.

With no means of sleeping, loss of energy translates into health loss. More energy left leaves you with more health to spend goating down from the plane to the nearest bed - Mountaineer's Hut.

I know the odds and the risks.  I was just asking if you found the hacksaw there or even if you bothered looking for it (again, knowing that it was acceptable to the interloper challenge types to collapse the run after establishing yourself on the summit.  The safe/sensible route is to go to the mountaineer's hut and then book out of the zone to PV... coming back when the player has more clothing and other supplies.  I don't do my summits on Day 1 for challenge purposes nor do I do them for sense and safety.  I do them... well, because it's there.  Thanks for the advice anyways.