Why do watchtowers have proper windows?

Adamo

3 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Well let them🙄if they want to spend half a day reloading a game, that's their time to waste..

Exactly.  That may be "sensible" to them vs. risking death going up to TWM summit.

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I don't consider people with gambling addictions to be "sensible" about it.

You don't need to be an addict to gamble.  Just pointing out what some will do for the smallest chance of gaining something.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

You don't need to be an addict to gamble.  Just pointing out what some will do for the smallest chance of gaining something.

I realize that - you keep asking what I'm saying when I say "sensible people" and that's based on my opinion.  People themselves judge whether they feel they are behaving sensibly... and observers also judge whether they think the people around them are behaving sensibly.  With gambling, an addiction is indicated when the gambling starts to harm the individual doing the gambling and those around him.  The relevant question being "Is it a problem?"

On 5/5/2021 at 3:26 AM, Adamo said:

Interesting posts :) I thought up another "benefit" of the window situation: As it stands now the player cannot routinely be inside a building and shoot passing wildlife, the blinds, and the doorless huts and the PV farmhouse porch don't offer protection from a charging wolf or bear. That prevents a sniping gameplay - unless you get lucky with a critical hit from those open locations. The towers make the sniping impossible ( I assume!)  Next time I play im going to see if the tower windows shatter when shot, and what happens to interior temperatures. love this game

The windows in PV stop bullets. Even the parts of the broken windows with no glass at all stop the bullets. Just with air. Well, really it's a transparent block that has broken window looking stuff on it that blocks the bullets but in the actual game bullets cannot penetrate 1cm of air sometimes. /shrug.

7 hours ago, odizzido said:

The windows in PV stop bullets. Even the parts of the broken windows with no glass at all stop the bullets. Just with air. Well, really it's a transparent block that has broken window looking stuff on it that blocks the bullets but in the actual game bullets cannot penetrate 1cm of air sometimes. /shrug.

I've even had cattails that have stopped bullets.  I haven't tested the windows in the watchtowers, but I would suspect that they are bulletproof.  If so, there would have to be some way for the damage to the building to become permanent and that doesn't exit in the game.  Bullet marks on buildings do disappear in a short time.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:33 AM, odizzido said:

Really? Wow didn’t know that, I tried shooting a wolf through the already broken window in PV farmhouse porch . It made him so angry and I stood there feeing smug of course he attacked me and caused damage , maybe that is the usual clipping issue ? Bears attacking through hut door etc 

Yeah, you can't shoot through the windows. Same thing when you get into that guard post at bleak inlet at the cannery gates. I was surrounded by gray dogs and they just kept on glitch growling all around, but when I tried shooting, the invisi-shield, stopped all my attempts dead in their tracks.

zagg_200103929_invisibleshield_glass_scr

To the saving topic: As the game does not save "on exit", I am quite glad about the set save points on sleeping and entering separate locations.
It took me quite a while to figure out, why the heck I lost another half-day or so from the previous game, I played.