Time to introduce myself I think

Sito

I'm not  a new player or new to the forums. I'm just slow to start chatting or commenting on posts, but i have done some so I thought i would introduce myself as Hinterland suggests.

First of all Hinterland has a wonderful community here and on Steam that are so helpful and mostly respectful of each other. I think it is the type of player that is attracted to the game that does not include 16 year olds who only want foul language and guns to blow up everything.

I found this game from a CBC article (Canadian Broadcasting Company, one of Canada's national TV and news channels) when TLD was just about to release Wintermute after being  EA for so long. I was very intregued by a wilderness survival game which takes place in the Great White North (this is one way Canadians refer to our country.) I was very impressed that it was 100% Canadian content with no reference to the US.  I'm not a big gamer guy so i would not have known about this game in any other way. The description of the game by CBC really drew me in to try it. Once I did I was hooked! True to their word there was no Americanizm at all which was kind of impressive since the city I live in, (Vancouver) known as Hollywood North, produces so many movies and TV shows for US audiences and obscures the fact that it is a Canadian location.

Another thing that intregued me ( i know i can't spell!) was the name Hinterland. If you are Canadian and mid 50's you would know about CBC's little snippets between TV programs called Hinterland's Who's Who. It featured little clips David Attenbourogh style about the lonely fox or lonely wolf or owl out in the cold bleak hinterland. You can find them on google. I wondered it the game recreated that feeling. It does! Absolutely!

I now have 3400+ playing this game to almost the exclusion of any other entertainment so for you new players, you are in for a real treat!

• Like 1