Rarest event in TLD?

hozz1235

17 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Finding a sleeping bear.

I've got over 1000 hours in TLD, and just the other day managed to find my first sleeping bear. 

PSA: Bears don't appreciate being spray painted.

A few weeks ago I saw my first sleeping bear in broken railroad while camping at the lodge. First and only in nearly 1000 in game days of play (over numerous voyager and stalker runs)

On 4/7/2021 at 7:50 PM, hozz1235 said:

Mine would have to be:  A sunny day in PV...

An aurora in PV. Sunny days happen on average about once a week for me, compared to an aurora maybe once or twice a month. For someone who actively collects all the buffer memories...PV is a slog. I can only speculate but I think that whatever table RNG checks the weather on, several of the "Aurora" slots have been replaced with "Blizzard", because if I add up the number of blizzards and aurorae, it's roughly equal to the aurora chances elsewhere.

Good chance to level up Mending while I wait though.

• Upvote 1

Is it really that rare due to part of the world? Or difficulty setting? I've been traversing through one night and Aurora happened. Scariest time ever because there was also a wolf with glowing eyes. I killed him and ate him.

There's also coal mine that requires Aurora to power a lift, so it can't be that rare..

On 4/11/2021 at 11:02 PM, Cranky said:

A few weeks ago I saw my first sleeping bear in broken railroad while camping at the lodge. First and only in nearly 1000 in game days of play (over numerous voyager and stalker runs)

I've had a couple of bears head back to their caves and nap after I shot them (i.e. while I was following them waiting for them to bleed out).  The first time it happened, I convinced myself he had died in his sleep... nope... big mistake!  Now I wait and, more often than not, they'll get up again after a couple of hours in-game time and continue wandering around while losing blood.  After seeing this pattern, I don't think the bears sleep for very long at a stretch, making the odds of seeing them asleep low.

9 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I convinced myself he had died in his sleep..

On the contrary, I had quite the opposite happen to me. Bear took a 'nap"' and kept breathing. After waiting very long time, I began approaching and even unloaded a revolver only to come up and see it "frozen 17%"

6 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

There's also coal mine that requires Aurora to power a lift, so it can't be that rare..

The coal mine is considered part of Coastal Highyway, and uses its weather table. This isn't obvious or easy to discern, but in the Darkwalker challenge every region's has its own clock that every interior location that's part of that region shares. The Cinder Hills Coal Mine shares its clock with Coastal Highway.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, ajb1978 said:

An aurora in PV. Sunny days happen on average about once a week for me, compared to an aurora maybe once or twice a month. For someone who actively collects all the buffer memories...PV is a slog. I can only speculate but I think that whatever table RNG checks the weather on, several of the "Aurora" slots have been replaced with "Blizzard", because if I add up the number of blizzards and aurorae, it's roughly equal to the aurora chances elsewhere.

I’m in the same boat. Camping out in Signal Hill waiting for my last one. Definite slog, it’s taking months.