Cleaning!

snakehair

Hello! I adore the long dark, and it's been one of my go tos this quarantine. But one thing that has always bugged me has been the clutter and debris in all my camps. It drives me crazy to have a random broken pot in the middle of my tidy camp! I would like to propose cleaning as an added mechanic, not only as a way to appease neat freaks like myself, but also as a calorie burning, and time consuming activity that could help stave off cabin fever in higher difficulties. This could potentially even expand into home repairs to increase storage in our camps by letting the player fix up  broken cabinets or dresser drawers.

Thank you!

• Upvote 10

This gets asked for a lot. I want this too. I play a long term game and i like to fix up my base in every region and I really want to clean up that clutter and make it somewhat homey. 

I would also like to be able to pick up that fallen chair and put the cushion back on rather than just smash it up. I agree that it should cost something and maybe not be available until after you have spent a number of days in the region or something. After all you are running for your life when you first enter a region and your focus would not be on fixing your base up. But maybe it would be naturally limited since you need to always focus on food supply and looting first. 

I really want to be able to close those dresser drawers even if i can't repair the broken ones. Maybe nails and hammer could be a thing to find as loot which you need before you can fix anything or close a drawer.

Hinterland is always improving the game and takes these ideas and makes them better if they think it fits with their vision.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

No painkillers for Astrid. She is saving all those pills for one day she decides it is too much bear. She will swallow them all at once with non potable water and fade into the long dark. 

Oh gee, I dunno, haven't checked on her in over two weeks. Maybe she's gone already!

I'm waiting until I run out of bullets and then go moose chasing! Never been attacked by one of them yet!wondering how many times it will have to stomp on me to finish me off?!or I could cover myself in old man's beard and see if the bunnies will eat me! That would be poetic justice!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I know it did! And I'm writing it!!! My sanity chip malfunctioned years ago!but it is a way to clean!! I leave all my 100% condition clothes in a nice cave somewhere then the bear has my flesh and the wolves have the bones! No mess! Shame to waste the barbecue sauce!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1