New Arrow Heads/New Arrow Types

FriedEggs

Currently in the game there is only one type of arrow head that you can put on an arrow and it is just called "arrow head" and looks like a normal, thin, sharp arrow head. Using the workbench to combine 1 normal arrow head, 3 crow feathers and 1 arrow shaft makes a "Simple Arrow". I suggest adding more arrow head types to make hunting and protecting yourself from animals charging at you more diverse and with more strategy. Some new arrow heads can be like these:

• Broadhead:
    • It will be crafted just like the normal arrowhead but instead of taking 1 scrap metal for 2 heads, it will take 2 scrap metal and only make 1 head.
    • Its bigger arrow head will cause a bigger wound size which will increase the chance for a critical hit, cause more damage, and cause more bleeding thus making it a better choice for bigger game (Ex. Moose, bears, deer).
    • But, the bigger head will also cause the arrow to become much heavier which will lower the range and cause the arrow head itself weigh 0.30 kg and make the whole arrow weigh 0.38 kg.
    • The bigger head will cause the arrow to use more condition per hit (from up to 25% [normal arrow head] to 40% [broadhead]) and will also make the arrow not be able to ricochet. Instead of bouncing off the hard surface, it will just hit it and fall and hit the ground tip first.
    • The arrow with the broadhead attached will be called a "Broadhead Arrow" and it will take the same amount of time to make as the normal "Simple Arrow".
    • Broadheads and broadhead arrows will have a rare chance to spawn where normal arrows and arrow heads can spawn and it will replace the normal arrow/arrow head if it does spawn (Example: Instead of a "Simple Arrow" spawning in the corner of the Mountaineers Hut in Timberwolf Mountain it will spawn a "Broadhead Arrow").
  • Serrated Edged Arrowhead:
    • It will be crafted just like the normal arrowhead.
    • The arrow head size will be the same but because of the serration it will cause much more bleeding. The serration will also cause the arrow to do less damage and less critical chance because it will not penetrate as deep thus making it better for hunting medium sized game (Ex. Deer, Wolves) or giving heavy blood loss to big game and then finishing them off with a simple arrow or broadhead.   
    • It will weigh the same as a normal arrow head.
    • The serrated head will cause the arrow to use more condition per hit (from up to 25% [normal arrow head] to 33% [serrated]) and the arrow will still be able to ricochet.
    • The arrow with the serrated head attached will be called a "Serrated Edged Arrow" and it will take the same amount of time to make as the normal "Simple Arrow".
    • Serrated arrowheads and serrated edged arrows will have a rare chance to spawn where normal arrows and arrow heads can spawn and it will replace the normal arrow/arrow head if it does spawn (Example: Instead of a "Simple Arrow" spawning in the corner of the Mountaineers Hut in Timberwolf Mountain it will spawn a "Serrated Edge Arrow").

These are my ideas for now, if I think of more I will make another post. Also, if you have a idea for a new arrow head put it in the comments!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

I'd like to see incendiary and/or explosive tips. Imagine launching one at a bear to see it blow up in million pieces when you don't care for meat or coat and just want to be on your way..

I thought of some sort of explosive tip but then I thought it would be a bit too unbalanced so that's why I didn't include it in the post.