Finally climbed that mountain


Recommended Posts

I finally summited TM. What an awesome map. Had such a good time making my way up there (playing on stalker). Took in the sights, shot some wolves (maybe a lot of wolves), avoided a few bears. You know the usual.

As a quick side note, I did not see any Timberwolves on TM. Thought for sure I would but..

Final mountaineering rope nearly did me in. Luckily a well timed cup of joe allowed me just enough stamina to reach the summit.

Ah that sweet sweet loot. Almost to much up there.

I do really do enjoy this game. My very well maintained rabbit skin hat off to you Hinterland devs.

20210323_224045.jpg

20210323_234803.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, did you shoot a flare off the plane at night time just for fun? Also don't forget you sleeping bag when going home :)

Edited by nicko
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

Hooray!  Congrats!  Remember: the summit is the half-way point.  Now you have go get all that l00T down!

Well done.   :)

We need a throwing mechanic! Heads up, boots flying down! And tools!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

Hooray!  Congrats!  Remember: the summit is the half-way point.  Now you have go get all that l00T down!

Well done.   :)

In my madness, i carried down 100% of the plane's content (except for the reclaimed wood from crates), in a logistics nightmare. several trips up and down, dragging stuff to deer's clearing, and then to mountaineer's hut and beyond.

I plan i never do it again ^^

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I did not bring it all down. I took what I needed and noted what was left up there. I took the following:

84 matches

4 firestarters

1 xp parka

All ammo

2 Fishermans sweater ( the one that is white and better than thick wool)

1 Hammer (swapped out any tools I had with better quality)

Swapped any items that were better quality than I had

4 meal ready to eat

I think that's about it. This is my favorite map now. Now I have a reason to come back and try the summit a different way. 

As a side note, I went around the far right side of the map,  a few climbs to a beautiful overlook. Then from cave b to cave a. That got me to the final climb to the summit. I did not use a map purposely but have since looked to see the route I took.

I am now sitting at 56 deg above ambient on my way to the Muskeg to drop off that hammer. After I believe Bleak Inlet will be my destination.

Edited by metlman72
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Old Hermit said:

In my madness, i carried down 100% of the plane's content (except for the reclaimed wood from crates), in a logistics nightmare. several trips up and down, dragging stuff to deer's clearing, and then to mountaineer's hut and beyond.

I plan i never do it again ^^

Did this recently, can confirm the madness of it. 

Although I had ventured to the valley of the satchel and the canyon of crampons and technical backpacks beforehand. With the well fed carrying bonus, you're really only looking at maybe 4 trips to the summit to completely empty that plane tail (reclaimed wood included!). And then 4 trips from deer clearing to mountaineers hut... 

Some good memories from waiting out blizzards in that cave at the deer clearing, surrounded by ruined leather shoes and crackers. Also learned that there is another cave in the same area that connects to the aforementioned canyon! 

Currently all the loot is stuffed into mountaineers hut (wish that hatch could hold a few more kilos!), waiting for me to haul it down to my new favourite base in the game, community hall in Pleasent Valley. The feeling of finally organizing everything into those tidy cabinets must surely be worth that long trek... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to go back to Timberwolf Mountain, but my survivor just got back a trip to get the satchel from HRV, and before that I had been in Ash Canyon... I really want to go to the coast and finally get to Coastal Highway and Decolation point, those are the only regions I haven't been to. After than I'm for sure going to summit again, well... As long as I survive The Long Dark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time you're up there, pick up everything!  Yes, you'll be over-encumbered but then just goat down to the clearing near Chasm Cave.  Drop it all and then you can take your time ferrying it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2021 at 9:19 AM, theisaactrain said:

I'd love to go back to Timberwolf Mountain, but my survivor just got back a trip to get the satchel from HRV, and before that I had been in Ash Canyon... I really want to go to the coast and finally get to Coastal Highway and Decolation point, those are the only regions I haven't been to. After than I'm for sure going to summit again, well... As long as I survive The Long Dark.

I ended heading to DP instead of BI. I now have a very nice lighthouse base there. Just finished going thru Broken Railroad as well. There were a lot of wolves there. It is my favorite map now actually. Only places I have left to visit are BI, HRV and AC. 

Edited by metlman72
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, metlman72 said:

I finally summited TM. What an awesome map. Had such a good time making my way up there (playing on stalker). Took in the sights, shot some wolves (maybe a lot of wolves), avoided a few bears. You know the usual.

As a quick side note, I did not see any Timberwolves on TM. Thought for sure I would but..

Final mountaineering rope nearly did me in. Luckily a well timed cup of joe allowed me just enough stamina to reach the summit.

Ah that sweet sweet loot. Almost to much up there.

I do really do enjoy this game. My very well maintained rabbit skin hat off to you Hinterland devs.

20210323_224045.jpg

20210323_234803.jpg

Now that is awesome achievement! I really like that area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now