March 2021 Developer Diary

Admin

@peteloud Yeah, I get it and I completely agree that from a marketing/PR standpoint more frequent communication would be a benefit. Im guessing they know that too as they are looking to hire a "Community Lead". Part of that role would be engaging in different social channels, like this forum. Recruiting is always a time consuming process, especially when you are trying to find someone that is qualified for the position and a good fit for the company team and the audience/consumer (that would be us - lol).

I'm sure once they have someone hired, onboarded, and trained we will see more frequent interactions.

I do see that you are a devoted TLD player, and I didn't think you were complaining. :) Just tossing up some ideas my own.

thanks for sharing it here @Dum_Gen Some of us (like me) don't have the possibility to check facebook, twitter, etc (my browser has track- and adblockers that causes websites not displayed correctly, so you can't see anything on them. And no, i don't want to turn them off)

It's funny how the issues set for the test are rising at first :D I wonder why you put issues into the game by intent. Can anyone answer this?

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Why don't we followers of TLD get this information from HTL on Hinterland's TLD News and Updates Forum ?

We shouldn't have to depend upon Dum_Gen for HTL News and Updates.

I thought the same. Would it be so much effort to post this chart here every friday? So we would get a lot of useful information on the status and progress made. No need for lengthy texts, if HTL do not want to elaborate.

• Upvote 1

The crazy thing is that posting news here and regualr updates to TLD keeps the interest level of players high.  This leads to players being more enthusiastic, more positive and moer likely to recommend TLD to others, hence increase HTL sales.

It is just as much for the benfit of HTL as for us players of TLD.

You guys ok up there? 

Haven't heard much for a while. Hoping you are still working on the game. I would be happy to buy additional content as it comes out as the purchase price on the game was very reasonable at the beginning. I feel like that would be very fair. 

Hopefully it all keeps going.

Yeah I think the biggest problem Hinterland has ever had has been the communication side of things, both in terms of PR and news updates as well as answering people on bug reports etc... I mean their TLD social media handles do feed us with fan art and old screenshots and other marketing material seemingly every day but that's pretty much all they do, and again it's just social media, not so much official communication...

I guess we should be thankful for Raphael posting updates on Twitter at least, you know to have some idea on things happening, but it always seems like a very weird source for me to go, since he posts other personal stuff there too that has nothing to do with the game or company

As said the NO-CRUNCH initiative is such a lovely and admirable way to handle things, so the delays itself are not the problem, but the lack of communication is

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 3

I too would appreciate more frequent development updates and news here on the forum. That said, we do have some agency don't we, it can be okay to have to look elsewhere for updates if the updates don't land in your lap. If the mountain won't come to MacKenzie, then MacKenzie must go to the mountain. 

Edited by manolitode
  • Like 2

I wouldn't call it exactly a "problem". Just a thing that would be nice if it would be posted here as well. Nothing that's very detailed or time consuming, just a quick note how's it going, that would be enough. So you can just see "ah there they are, that's what they are doing" without having any expectations or questions like "wHeN eP 4???" or something like that :D

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Like 1