March 2021 Developer Diary

Admin

58 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

I think Episode 4 will come in August - October. But yes, a little bit of information would be nice. Did Raphael postet anything new on Twitter? (I don't use social media)

Not really, but there was this new photo last week

E7BG0gRUYAExCJR?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Perhaps they get a bigger audience on social media. Forums are for old people.

What has age to do with it?  It could even be that old players have more time and money to spend on the game.

That is a very poor reason to ignore the News and Updates forum that they set up.  How long would it take them to repeat the message here, five minutes, ten minutes?

Edited by peteloud
  • Like 1

Well, I meant it as a compliment. People who have aged well, like fine wine. Maximum experience gained and great reputation among others. Youngers generations will always look up to them and listen to the stories told of great times.

But I do agree, official forum is an appropriate place to receive regular updates on the game.

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

Considering that this forum is Hinterland's own News and Updates forum I think it appropriate that they post such news here.

Small pieces of information such as the teaser screenshot with the "photobomb" and the one above usually aren't posted here. It takes other people from the forum to share them here. I don't know why they are doing that

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I was hoping that by now HTL would have seen our comments about the lack of news from HTL on this HTL News and Updates forum and include the news which has been posted elsewhere by HTL.

Alas no.  They seem to have forgotten that they have this hinterlandsforum.com website.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Yikes. I've never understood when people get that aggro about a game. It's a game. I LOVE TLD, and sure, I'm super eager and ready for that update to drop, but it's not something I feel upset over. I have other hobbies, and games I can spend my time doing while I wait. With the custom mode it's hard for the game to get stale.

Hinterland, Ya'll are golden, and I'll be here to enjoy the update, regardless of how long it takes ❤️

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 6:10 AM, peteloud said:

I was hoping that by now HTL would have seen our comments about the lack of news from HTL on this HTL News and Updates forum and include the news which has been posted elsewhere by HTL.

Alas no.  They seem to have forgotten that they have this hinterlandsforum.com website.

We certainly have not forgotten about the forums. Just different bits of information are better shared in different places. Don't worry the forums will have the most complete and in-depth look that we release of Episode Four and any future updates. It remains our primary channel.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Admin said:

. . . . Just different bits of information are better shared in different places. . . .

While I am delighted to see that HTL has responded to this subject I think that the above explanation is rather poor.  This forum has not even different bits of information since March, we have had nothing while other fora have.

Don't take umbrage with my comments.  If you check my earlier comments you'll see that I am extremely positive and supportive of Hinterland and TLD.

• Upvote 3

Its really frustrating waiting on updates, but i would rather wait until the devs are 100% confident that the game is ready. if they released it too early and it was full of bugs everyone would be complaining about that.

it'll take as long as it takes.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Clairec321 said:

Its really frustrating waiting on updates, but i would rather wait until the devs are 100% confident that the game is ready. . . . .

I am not complaining about the wait for a development.  All of that I understand and sympathise with HTL. 

I have been complaining about HTL giving news updates in other places but not on their own, News and Updates website in this forum.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 3

On 8/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, peteloud said:

I am not complaining about the wait for a development.  All of that I understand and sympathise with HTL. 

I have been complaining about HTL giving news updates in other places but not on their own, News and Updates website in this forum.

Same here. No complaints about how long updates are. I think I said this before, but I am a big fan of the type of communication from WUBE for Factorio. Every single Friday for 360 consecutive Fridays. It got to the point where I looked forward to Fridays just so I can see the update ideas. In fact, I think it helped the devs at WUBE a lot because they got tons of feedback, ideas, and suggestions. I think it gave fans of Factorio more reasons to be patient for updates, because they could see what was being worked on. I think it also gave them things to shoot for so they could have something to post on Fridays. It was also nice because it allowed a lot of us to decide if we wanted to start a new game or not. (like I am wondering with TLD)

If I knew there would be SOME kind of update here every X date, at a specific place, WHATEVER that may be, I would be here a whole lot more. Now I just HOPE to see it pop up on my steam page somewhere.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:43 AM, Clairec321 said:

Its really frustrating waiting on updates, but i would rather wait until the devs are 100% confident that the game is ready. if they released it too early and it was full of bugs everyone would be complaining about that.

it'll take as long as it takes.

But people could be given the CHOICE to op-in. I often played the experimental version of Factorio, which you could find in the properties menu in steam. If it was too buggy, or I wanted to open a heavily modded stable game, the devs set it up so all those attributes were noted, and trying to launch that save, would tell the game to reload with the corrected game version and correct mods. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's now over five months since HTL post any news here.  Have they all died from Covid-19.

After the the recent complaints I thought that, after a little time for face-saving, HTL would have posted some news.

Alas no.

Did a super-wolf, or phantom bear find the HTL HQ and kill everyone, has HTL gone bust, or just can't be bothered to post any news.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peteloud said:

It's now over five months since HTL post any news here.  Have they all died from Covid-19.

After the the recent complaints I thought that, after a little time for face-saving, HTL would have posted some news.

Alas no.

Did a super-wolf, or phantom bear find the HTL HQ and kill everyone, has HTL gone bust, or just can't be bothered to post any news.

I have heard rumours that they are looking for new staff! Whether it be for TLD or not I'm not sure!

And now for another two cents...

I bought this game while in development so I knew that updates would not be consistent or even precisely reliable for timing. I did trust that they would provide great content when they did roll some out, and they have more than delivered on that promise.

Also, as fall approaches I also wonder (not expecting, but  definitely hoping) if some of their resources have been diverted in order to come up with another 4DON challenge.

I'll just enjoy a cuppa tea while I'm waiting. No matter how long it takes, I know its worth the wait.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FluffyComeHome said:

. . .  so I knew that updates would not be consistent or even precisely reliable for timing. . . .

I am not complaining about the timing and delays in producing the next development of TLD. 

I am complaining about the lack if news about the the development and its timing.

To keep present customers happy and recommending TLD to their friends then HTL should produce a steady stream of news reports to keep up everyone's interest in the game.  It would required very little effort by HTL, but could have  have positive effect on players enthusiasm, and ultimately, sales of TLD.

Personally it makes little difference to me.  I am a highly committed player and supporter of HTL.  I will wait regardless. I am thinking that HTL marketing would benefit.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, peteloud said:

I am not complaining about the timing and delays in producing the next development of TLD. 

I am complaining about the lack if news about the the development and its timing.

To keep present customers happy and recommending TLD to their friends then HTL should produce a steady stream of news reports to keep up everyone's interest in the game.  It would required very little effort by HTL, but could have  have positive effect on players enthusiasm, and ultimately, sales of TLD.

Personally it makes little difference to me.  I am a highly committed player and supporter of HTL.  I will wait regardless. I am thinking that HTL marketing would benefit.

Perhaps its so close to release they don't see the point!