Theories about Episode 4.

theisaactrain

Now, I'm pretty excited for Episode 4, and cannot wait for the first teasers/news of it. Now what's feeding my hype is the fact that we are so close, and who knows, we could get a trailer tomorrow, or it might be a week, or another month, no one knows! 

Now, this is a question that I feel not enough people are asking.

Who will we be playing as in Episode 4? Will we be playing as Will, or Astrid, maybe both?

What will Episode 4 be about?

Where will we be, we pretty much know that Astrid is in CH, and Will is in the dam, will we see Will make his way out of the dam to PV, or will we just play as Astrid in CH?

How will Astrid and Will finally meet up with each other?

It's all information we don't know yet, and even though I can feel that news is close, I think we should think of some ideas first. 

I think when we start as Will and go to PV and meet Molly, we'll find out everything and go back the way we came and go to CH. We'll find Astrid while we wait in the garage that everyone there uses as a stop or a house. 

Of course, methuselah, who's standing in the garden, has to take down the guy who caught us first. 😏

And when we get to the garage, we check on Astrid, and while Will's going through this, we can find Astrid trying to win the fight for his life. 

I hope it doesn't pass by "portering" as it was in chapter 5, part 2, part 1. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking we might play as Mackenzie first and go through dam to PV.....up to signal hill to get the wintermute message out for Jeremiah.  

mathis said to Mackenzie that he would soon be with the woman he dealt with, initially you get the impression he is referring to Astrid, but now I’m thinking it could have been molly? Is she dead?

I did think that maybe Mackenzie would have to go up twm for some reason? Maybe get something from the summit...

then they’ve released this stuff about the prison....so does Mathis take Mackenzie to the penitentiary and that’s where you start? 

Astrid seems like she might start off in CH and maybe go to DP.....there is a light house there and in bleak inlet, so will there be a reason to travel through the ravine to bleak inlet and to the light house there or the cannery for some reason? Otherwise why would they have these regions?

im guessing ash canyon must come into it to at some point

im still trying to work out which way is north on the main map, I’ve always assumed twm/ash canyons were the most northerly points, but Astrid isn’t heading north, .....unless I have this all wrong?

whatever happens I can’t wait for ep 4. Super excited!

At first I was struggling as well with what was North but multiple playthroughs I think CH is north and our map is turned on it's side. As for the different regions playing into Wintermute I don't think it's even possible going by how all the episodes revolve around one region and the dev diary stated that episode 4 will be at the prison which don't even exist yet. They also confirmed episode 5 to be the end of Wintermute which means it has to be Perseverance Mills which also doesn't exist yet. I always hoped there would be some resolve to what happened to the people we encountered yet it seems we may never get it since so much is left to be told and not enough episodes to tell it all. I'm still excited to see where it all goes from  here just not sure it's where I would have hoped.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:44 PM, Sherlock Holmes 18 said:

I think when we start as Will and go to PV and meet Molly

On 3/26/2021 at 4:33 AM, Amy1982 said:

I was thinking we might play as Mackenzie first and go through dam to PV

...but when we last left Mackenzie he was Mathis' prisoner, being beaten and interrogated.  I think it's most likely that when next we join Mackenzie, it will be back at Blackrock Federal Penitentiary.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 1:54 AM, ManicManiac said:

...but when we last left Mackenzie he was Mathis' prisoner, being beaten and interrogated.  I think it's most likely that when next we join Mackenzie, it will be back at Blackrock Federal Penitentiary.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

This is very true! Wonder where on the maps black rock is meant to be? Or do you think it will be a new map entirely? 

Oh no haha, if you are correct img ping to have to be careful of my choices! First play through I did I spared the prisoner, but I’ve just redone all the episodes so that I can get all the side missions etc which I didn’t do the first time round and this time I thought f@*# it I will kill the prisoner to see if anything changes!