The Sled demand

ROYMAN1000

Hi Guy's. I know in the December update we can find a bigger Back pack. Buttttttttttttttt!

I have only one major request or more of a demand. I have saw it have been ask but in a topic whit a bunch of other request.

A sled to transport are loot from one region to the other. Maybe find a plan somewhere that will add to the crafting and then being able to build it.

Or an old one that we have to repair before we can use it.  And when you pull it your stamina can drop faster so you have to pause more often.

This could be a really cool quest for the next region

Edited by ROYMAN1000
typing correction
  • Like 1

A sled or travois has been something requested a thousand times before, it’s just something I’m not for. 

1. With the new technical pack, the moose hide satchel, and maintaining the well fed buff, you can carry up to 99lbs of gear, which I feel is plenty of equipment for traveling region to region. Adding a sled or anything else to increase carry weight beyond what’s already in game would take away from the need for weight management. 
  2. It’d even be difficult to travel with as it would slow you down and you can’t have it equipped while climbing ropes or whatever. Also unless it’s a equip-able accessory, it would probably get stuck on terrain. So it’s be something you could only travel short distances with before it becomes impractical, at that point you might as well have carried everything in your pack. 
  3. We already have rock caches. Just store extra loot in a cache or somewhere like a locker or something in different regions. 
  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ROYMAN1000 said:

Hi Guy's. I know in the December update we can find a bigger Back pack. Buttttttttttttttt!

I have only one major request or more of a demand. I have saw it have been ask but in a topic whit a bunch of other request.

A sled to transport are loot from one region to the other. Maybe find a plan somewhere that will add to the crafting and then being able to build it.

Or an old one that we have to repair before we can use it.  And when you pull it your stamina can drop faster so you have to pause more often.

This could be a really cool quest for the next region

I am on the fence with this.  Ultimately this may be one of those things that will take some time to implement and not be entirely worth it.

My answer for this is instead to create more feats or buffs which effect Stamina or Energy, if not both. 

Maybe also something like a boost action when you tapped the Left bumper(sprint) which gave us extra movement speed for a short while, while we are trudging slowly.

Make traversing back and forth over the same location a little less tedious somehow or crate something that will drain your energy fast if you want to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

In a real world situation I'd 100% build a sled.   A couple long green older "saplings" debarked as runners and a busted up pallet as cross members would work perfectly.   You lay the two saplings down parallel and and the wide end attach cross members with cordage, then pull the pointy end of the saplings together and tie them, then run cordage from the tied together ends back to the main part of the sled so that you end up with this piece that is bent up and back.

In the game you could require climbing rope (for cordage and to pull the sled), 2 maple or birch saplings and reclaimed wood.     I'd add that while we are at it you should be able to craft snowshoes.

In the army during winter operations we would carry around 70 lb of gear on our backs and 3 people (2 pull, 1 push) would haul another 400+ lb of gear in a sled.   It's simply the best way to travel in the winter with a lot of gear.

Back to game mechanics, you'd want to consider how you'd deal with traveling up/down hills and how it would affect your stamina.

• Like 1