Visited Cairns

Old Hermit

Would be very nice if we could know what cairns we already visited.

I can't count how many times i change my route and click them again (and not even know it) because i can't know if i did it on the current gameplay/save or not.

Maybe if the red flag was removed when i first click them, it could be resolved.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

It would certainly make it easier to have some visual reference as to whether an encountered cairn was found and clicked on before.   I have taken to putting something near the cairn, often balanced precariously on top of the cairn, as a means to visually know whether I had clicked on it before.  Since, as far as I know, the cairns found does not carry across different sandboxes and I have four that I rotate through, it makes it a bit of a problem.   This would be more  a quality of life kind of thing so likely would be very low priority. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. S. said:

I wish the list of cairns were sorted by region in the journal, so I would know when I’ve found all the cairns in a given region. 

When I originally went through the effort to find all the cairns, not knowing which region the few remaining cairns were located in was the most frustrating. Had to travers all regions over and over, looking in the nooks and crannies of each map. Cannot tell you how relived I was when I finally found the 165th cairn 🙂

Listing by region would be very helpful...

Edited by ProsPex

4 hours ago, ProsPex said:

When I originally went through the effort to find all the cairns, not knowing which region the few remaining cairns were located in was the most frustrating. Had to travers all regions over and over, looking in the nooks and crannies of each map. Cannot tell you how relived I was when I finally found the 165th cairn 🙂

This is exactly why I've never attempted to do this.

With regards to the original suggestion, I think that having some indication that we've visited a cairn would be nice too. What I would like to see is the ability to add a stone to the top of the cairn. Alternatively, being able to use a piece of charcoal to mark the cairn would work. But I like the idea of having our survivor be able to interact with the cairn in some way to create the marking/indicator.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I'd like to have the Cairns organised by region, so that you can see something like 11 of 14 found in Mystery lake.

Adding a stone to the cairn should then mark it upon your charcoal map.

Assuming this is a low priority for Hinterland, I suggest using spray paint (I often have a dozen spare cans) to mark Cairns that have already been checked.

Edited by Omnijack
  • Upvote 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, Dr. S. said:

This is exactly why I've never attempted to do this.

With regards to the original suggestion, I think that having some indication that we've visited a cairn would be nice too. What I would like to see is the ability to add a stone to the top of the cairn. Alternatively, being able to use a piece of charcoal to mark the cairn would work. But I like the idea of having our survivor be able to interact with the cairn in some way to create the marking/indicator.

As an alternative (although it's rather unelegant), one could spray paint next to the cairn, I suppose... which would plot the symbol used on the map.  I do think it would be very nice to be able to take the ribbon, perhaps even be able to use it as a bandage...  Alternatively, adding a stone would work too.

• 5 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, Dr. S. said:

I wish the list of cairns were sorted by region in the journal, so I would know when I’ve found all the cairns in a given region. 

Yes please. We have it for Polaroids and Surveys, why not add it for Cairns and also give some implication which one we've already found? This would be very helpful, as of right now I'm not actively looking for them, just clicking on every Cairn I come across. And I'm pretty sure that some I've read a few dozen times already 😕

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2021 at 6:37 AM, peteloud said:

I would be content to see that the red tag on the cairn just turned to blue on discovery.

Do people trying to find all the cairns use Fandom Cairn Table with their location or do they find them by discovery?

Me too.

I did that for the last 4 or 5. Not knowing if I had cleared a region or not made it take so much longer.

Also, OMG so many sprains!!!!!!!!!! ugh