Deteriorating rates

joki

There has been said a lot about deteriorating rates of all items, food and even material such as matches.

As for materials such as matches I think it would make sense for them to never deteriorating while they are not moved. If i have some matches with me in the blizzard they can get wet, and be unusable later on that makes sense. But if i keep my matches on my table, i can leave them there for 20 years and light them without problems.

As for the food, I think it would sense for food that you put outside to deteriorating at a much much slower pace, especially if the temperature is way below zero. I shot this bear, then took two days to gut him. When i came back on the third day, the game told me i could not harvest any of its meat, because the condition was too bad:

screen_51b78b56-ce83-48b9-8bc9.png

That was about 48hr after i killed it, and the outside temperature was blizzardish with "felt temperature -34°C".

harobed1156 if you look at the harvest window the bears condition is also at 0% that's the issue.

The game allows you to do anything you want while at 0 calories you just take condition hits to do it.

Joki I'll say that when left on the carcass laying on the ground the meat goes bad pretty quickly even in colder weather. Part of the reason is that the bacteria start breading in the meat slightly raising the temp inside. Now if you skinned it a LOT of that effect would be reduced in the environment the game takes place in. I'd like to see that implemented, but I'm pretty sure that's a level of complexity the devs aren't looking for.

Joki I'll say that when left on the carcass laying on the ground the meat goes bad pretty quickly even in colder weather.

this is a misinformation. im stocking meat outback here on our house and the meatstays on fresh for about 4wks.

When i came back on the third day, the game told me i could not harvest any of its meat, because the condition was too bad...

That is the most FUNNIEST unrealistic COMICAL gameplay [this is sarcasm, instead of cursing people just say it like it was funny but really just being sarcastic], meat rottng away at below zero temps!!? ARE YOU EKKING KIDDING!!!?

though the gameplay's vision is to kill the player asap so dont ever EVER question this game that the wolves are unrealistic, because even the food, tools and materials areNT.

Meat you have already butchered correct, that you have stored with air space around it? That's a major difference. Note I specified left on the carcass. laying on the ground. Please read and comprehend you constantly do this.

• 2 weeks later...
Joki I'll say that when left on the carcass laying on the ground the meat goes bad pretty quickly even in colder weather. Part of the reason is that the bacteria start breading in the meat slightly raising the temp inside. Now if you skinned it a LOT of that effect would be reduced in the environment the game takes place in. I'd like to see that implemented, but I'm pretty sure that's a level of complexity the devs aren't looking for.

Actually, the meats spoils fast until the carcass if frozen. Then it will keep much longer. The condition will drop from 100% to about 60% if you leave it to freeze but after that it will deteriorate much slower and can still be harvested 3 days later (after that the carcass disappears, used to anyway).

But if you use a fire to keep the carcass from freezing/ warm yourself/ cook harvested meat, the carcass won't freeze (or thaw if it's already frozen) and the deterioration will keep going at a rapid pace (or start again for a thawing carcass). So yeah that way the meat can easily deteriorate to 0 in 2 days.

Archived