Bear doesn't care being shot at

joki

One minor issue is bears walking towards you, and then keeping a distance if you are close to a fire. At this point you can kinda circle them for a bit and they dont really care.

2015-02-22_00003.jpg

The bigger issue is thou, if you shoot a bear from a place that he can't reach, he won't react at all. He won't even run. Not only for being injured, but the sound enough shoot scare it away. So i can happily camp up here and keep shotting it 5 times until he dies....

screen_6af1f827-d050-4e47-b309.png

What if you make it 50-50% chance every time the bear takes damage the fluffy bro' can decide if he want to attack or to flee?

Wouldnt be that the most reality closest thing to do?

If you got shot second time you can still decide if you wish to continue risking a third or instead you choose 'oh fk this" and escape asap.

Even thought this particular bear is stucked and did nothing when our poster shot it. (so back to the topic)

Really shooting a bear tends to piss them off not scare them away. Realize they have NO natural predators so they don't go into fight or flight mode. They just fight.

this is false information. i am a bear hunter and the natural reaction of bears 99percent of the time is to run away if you try to shoot it, especially the grizzly bears.

Not my experience at all with N American bears.

Really shooting a bear tends to piss them off not scare them away. Realize they have NO natural predators so they don't go into fight or flight mode. They just fight.

this is false information. i am a bear hunter and the natural reaction of bears 99percent of the time is to run away if you try to shoot it, especially the grizzly bears.

Not my experience at all with N American bears.

MOST bears run at the sound of a gunshot or other loud noise. period. Otherwise there would be no point in bear bangers.

Of course there are those that will not, they are the exception.

I'll give you that wounding a bear might make it even more aggressive (especially if it is already coming for you), but saying they don't flee at all is just not accurate.

Either way, I would like to see _some_kind_ of reaction after I shot it four consecutive times. Not just quietly keeping on walking at slow pace, waiting for the fith bullet.

this!

I just posted a similar respone in the bear 101 thread, haven't seen this one yet. But yes it's silly at the moment, you can empty a whole mag from a safe place without the bear responding. Runnin away is not an option (although this is what a bear probably in RL would do after a gun shot), because it would make bear hunting even easier. It bleeds out and you collect the next day.

So, I'm curious to see how the devs will deal with this ;)

yeah i half the time Im not even sure if i even hit a bear when i shoot them... same goes for deer and wolves... i wish that they would stagger as they run away or as their health get low... Also I wish those bear skins were a little larger, the rifle is actually longer

Archived