Struggling to get back into Wintermute, looking for encouragement

Gwynren

On 7/5/2021 at 2:56 AM, Gwynren said:

YES please 😂

200,000 pounds of steel with a pointy end vs a 500 pound bear? I don't think that there's much question of how that encounter will end ;)

If this were to be integrated into Wintermute, maybe Will could get dragged into the bear cave, and say something such as:

This bear is far too big and powerful for me to kill in a hand-to-hand fight. Maybe if I could attach the bear spear to something heavier, I'd have more success?

Then the goal of the episode would be to avoid the bear, get back to the locomotive engine, and attach the bear spear to it using cured gut (from one of the Old Bear's previous victims). When the aurora comes (scripted event of course), you'd start the engine, blast the horn, and give it full throttle while you stand near the front of the locomotive. The bear comes to investigate the noise. When it sees Will, it charges at him, but bites off more than it can chew, getting run over by the train.

• Upvote 1

I just wonder if I am only one who encountered the old bear twice. Long time ago the quest was with rifle. I remember that I had 6 or 7 bullets and the bear had to be hit 5 times. But in precise moment. I dont recall the cave after last shot. I think I had to collect ears and paws from the carcass.

My second go was before EP3. I just ran EP1-2 before that again in order to have the whole story. In my opinion the spear tackling was easier. And the cave escape was like written for me. I love stealth thief-like games.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:25 AM, acada said:

And the cave escape was like written for me. I love stealth thief-like games.

Ah, it just further demonstrates that success in that particular part of the episode is based on your experience with certain game genres. Just wasn't for me.

Anyway, I FINISHED EPISODE THREE YOU GUYS IT WAS SO GOOD! If anyone else comes to these forums upset about the bear and wanting to quit, persevere, episode three is by far the best instalment to date. I'm actually looking forward to episode 4 now, although I'm worried about Will...

• Upvote 1

I liked the EP3 as well. I played it to last big fish and ghost deer. The only glitch for me was rescuing those 4 passengers. It should be on timer. Because when I got it, I went to solve another problems and let it sleep for 4 ingame days. I think those poor people would be frozen by the time I went to rescue them.

And timberwolfes? I like them. I imagine the wolf pack would act like them. Of course I have no direct experience with wolfes.

I wonder what character we will play in EP3. Would it be Will? Last time we heard of him, he was on the floor unconscious. Maybe he was moved to the prison. I cannot wait.

• Upvote 1