Straight up depressionville. Meet: The Bleak Inlet

Stinky socks

4.thumb.jpg.da7b41c48227878cd0532485398f5793.jpg

It actually started on the right foot! When I arrived, pretty creek with charming waterfall and a bunny hopping in the distance. "Why, the heaven must have frozen over and turned into this!"- I thought!

As I continued my descent through the rolling snowy hills, everything was surprisingly quiet until I ran into a pack of timberwolves. They turned out to be quite timid upon my arrival. Whimpering like scared dogs, they fled! I figured they were afraid of my regular black wolf coat and a bear bedroll strapped to my backpack as I was heading to the pensive lookout in a cocky fashion.

As I was getting closer, I noticed a deer and decided to take a shot shot with a rifle. Didn't feel like taking chances with arrows on my first day. Wolves again, came to look and ran off whimpering. Not sure if they were impotent due to a bug, my clothes or perhaps my custom setting. I remember setting their morale to medium because I didn't know which way was going to make them friendlier or deadlier. 

Once I arrived, it was of course, run down a bit, but with some elbow grease I could turn it around, and I did! In the evening I went to grab some sticks and fir and some deer carcass and sat close to my warm buddy, the belly pot stove. We shared lots of stories that evening as I was cooking up some steak and boiling snow water. I went to sleep late.

Next morning I decided to go for more sticks as I burned through my supply last night telling stories while cooking. That's when the world flipped.

3.thumb.jpg.57ef3defbc1cfca7da7a4665943b5844.jpg

The wolves weren't so grateful of my presence and started violating my safe zone. One of them even took a chunk of my foot. I fed him hatchet and he ran off. I was puzzled and terrified at the same time. It was like fending off a stubborn wolf, except there were three of them now.

I fed another one with an arrow and third one got a bullet in his head. On day two, I met their true colors. Pun intended.

Fast forward a few days, I wasn't bothered any more. The floor was littered with three wolf pelts and a handful of guts. Outside the door, I had a pile of meat. Being an expert cook, I knew how to make wolf steak right.

Visited radio tower and found a note with the key to the cannery workshop and some more supplies. Delighted, but cold, I went home. The weather is brutally cold and windy. Hard to walk.

Later, I decided to go down a rope to reach the fishery hut and also visit broken lighthouse. My trip was uneventful as I must have miraculously missed the timberwolf gangs. After arriving, the place turned out to be even worse than pensive lookout. Windows boarded up and pitch dark inside. It was depressing sight. Few days in, I got an aurora and the place lit up like a holiday. At some point, it was a happy place for a cannery worker.

2.thumb.jpg.717011215a66d09f29ed41e381a2477b.jpg

For the first time I felt like home in this bleak landscape. 

After spending a few more days here, I decided to go for the sole purpose of visiting bleak inlet. The cannery pier. That's when true nightmare started, but I wasn't in warm bed. It was all real.

1.thumb.jpg.12115014e9c6c8fae80f3785e60590c8.jpg

Gang after gang of timberwolves kept attacking me. I lost count how many I killed or scared off. They felt endless!! After finally figuring out how to reach the workshop and dealing with wolves, the whole place was littered with wolf corpses and crows overhead.

I must say, Hinterland really did a number on me with their obstacle course to reach the objective. I wasn't even sure if I'm supposed to be mad or impressed! When I got to the electronic door, I rolled out my bear bed and went to sleep with alarm set every few hours to catch aurora and get in.

First day was a miss. I ate some wolf steak and drank water and went to bed again in the shade, but at night, the sky came to life!! I woke up and went to the keypad. Another door. As I opened it, loading screen and then a growl. Who locked the wolf in here??!!

5.thumb.jpg.cc10091688975c4a3cdbb0ad67385334.jpg

It was mad I could tell because it kept running around growling and then I finally put it to rest. Even took its coat and guts!

Then walked over to the milling machine and got to work. Boy was I glad I watched youtube on how to use milling machines and make ammo during my spare time while being off the clock away from my job as a doctor. It paid off!! 

I was able to fix all my tools and even craft some decent ammo, that I later found out were quite good! None misfired and shot like champs! (40% and 61%)

Well, I am too tired and out of steam to write more, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Good night!🌠

• Upvote 2
  • Like 4

Oh, those wolves! 

I usually get adrenaline before I go into the factory, and when I climb the rope and get on top of the door, I take care of all the wolves. 

He runs off to pick up some werewolts, but I was in the safe zone. The new group was even bigger than the last. But I took care of them. There's still no aurora the next day. So I went out of the safe zone to have another action and look at the loss. As soon as I got out, a bunch of wolves, I didn't know where they were, started chasing me, so I got ready to hit the first head between the two trailers with my flu six-hit. I didn't kill them this time, but they were all hurt. 

So after I went and bought some wolf meat and firewood, I waited another day and it didn't happen aurora again. So I used my own aurora method, and it worked. Thanks to the books I read, I didn't have much bad bullets because I was a level 3 rifleman. 

But where do so many wolves come from?!? They're endless. 

• Upvote 1

I am here to declare a successful conclusion to my bleak inlet visit. While this place does give me ample opportunity to hone my sniper skills,

1.thumb.jpg.dd7c41cea48461d6066b61bd457f22fa.jpg

I must be on my way, and be glad to do so. It is just very unwelcoming of any outsiders. 

I have crafted much ammo. Here is the breakdown:

213 bullets
35 rifle ammo cartridges
112 revolver ammo cartridges.

Left-over bullets are in a drawer in ammo workbench if anyone needs them. Also I have left charcoal, firewood for the forge and plenty of gunpowder and stump remover.

2.thumb.jpg.9b672cdee07a2e9314b4750f21b559d8.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-211933_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fad913068c6fd66dc41e00cf8adbf99a.jpg

THE END🍔🍟

PS- halfway through making bullets, i became gunsmitting LVL 5, so since revolver ammo was last, it is 100% quality. Rifle ammo is 80%.

Screenshot_20210227-212859_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fe0df729cdc0a553400ca83937d2be49.jpg

That's the cannery worker residences. It only looks good during the aurora. During day you can barely make your way around and to find studd on the floor, lamp or torch is required.

Some of the houses hinterland really butchered lighting, not sure why.

There's a fishing hut very close by, so grab fishing tackles if visiting! It's literally right next to the house!

Edit: there is also a bear making regular rounds behind the hut and up the hill. Good opportunity for some bear steak.

Edited by Stinky socks
  • Upvote 1

Great Story @Stinky socks, thanks for sharing:)

I've found myself starting to like BI... after doing some lighthearted extermination from safe distances - strictly as a preventive measure - it becomes quite a nice area, with lots of sunshine and all the things your heart and tummy desires, from fish and bunnies, deer, elk and bear too. And those fat juicy doggies coming in six-packs! - yummy 😉
Oh well, a bit windy at times, but in general much nicer weather than the neighbor for sure...

Edited by AdamvR
  • Like 1