Minor Update to Snow Shelter UI

SpanishMoss

The snow shelter is one of those things that gets neglected very often, and I think it has even been forgotten by the devs. The UI for the snow shelter is unique, it features a list on the left side of the screen prompting the player to use, repair or dismantle it. However, I purpose the UI should be changed. Instead of having a unique and fairly bland UI, the UI should be updated to look like that of the start fire UI. This would be more inline with the current UI's of TLD, and not reflect the past UI's (as that is when the shelter was designed around).  -SpanishMoss

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Also can we get a fix so they are not so tricky to place?

I don't use them often but when I do i find they don't want to place on a perfectly level and wide bit of ground.

On a ridiculous slope? yeah no prob says the game.

Not a major issue , just a tad annoying.especially on loper.

Edited by sierra 117

On 2/23/2021 at 9:07 AM, sierra 117 said:

Agreed. Also can we get a fix so they are not so tricky to place?

I don't use them often but when I do i find they don't want to place on a perfectly level and wide bit of ground.

On a ridiculous slope? yeah no prob says the game.

Not a major issue , just a tad annoying.especially on loper.

I think this might be by design. Its the same with fireplaces, cant place them on a slope, which makes it difficult to sometimes use the rock wall outlines to create temporary shelters.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, SpanishMoss said:

The snow shelter is one of those things that gets neglected very often, and I think it has even been forgotten by the devs. The UI for the snow shelter is unique, it features a list on the left side of the screen prompting the player to use, repair or dismantle it. However, I purpose the UI should be changed. Instead of having a unique and fairly bland UI, the UI should be updated to look like that of the start fire UI. This would be more inline with the current UI's of TLD, and not reflect the past UI's (as that is when the shelter was designed around).  -SpanishMoss

This is a very nice and fair point. I dont think the Snow shelter has been much forgotten, but the UI probably was. However, hear me out - I actually quite like it the way the UI is, because of how transparent it is, its possible to see through it and remain a bit more aware of one´s surroundings. While I have no particular argument against this suggestion, it makes perfect sense, I do kinda find the old UI style more useful. But, for the sake of consistency, I agree with @SpanishMoss that the UI should be updated.