426 Days in.....save file GONE. WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!

xWCOGx

Nope. Most certainly did not start a new game on accident. And no. My friend really wanted to try it but i told him i would never talk to him again if he did. If someone had started a new game, there wouldve been a game there. It wont even let me click LOAD.

It was actually 355 and Im trying to find a way to share the log, but obviously I dont want to just paste it here.

When I search, its saying its on F drive and I can search for the files. When I try to find them manually to upload them somewhere though, its like theyre hidden.

Are you on Mac or PC? And you can just attach the txt document here and I'll be able to dl it, or just PM it to me. Also, if you haven't started a new game yet, then the save file should be in the Long Dark folder. Could try copying it then deleting it out and put the copy back in, maybe the game will pick it up again. But it shouldn't have disappeared in the first place.

Here are some instructions on where to find Debug Logs, which are in the same folder as your saves and everything else related to the game.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=504

Jeremy

Just a note about copying and pasting a save file, I'm pretty sure that any copy/paste move will not allow the game to post your result in the leader boards. This may have changed but I'm pretty sure that is considered tampering. might be able to keep the run going which sounds awesome :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nope. Most certainly did not start a new game on accident. And no. My friend really wanted to try it but i told him i would never talk to him again if he did. If someone had started a new game, there wouldve been a game there. It wont even let me click LOAD.

Not if the person who started a new game, died. Then there would be no game to load.... or if someone in your home tried playing your saved game and died.

Archived