Will the Crampons ever become repairable (In a future update)?

7 hours ago, Wilderwalker said:

I don't think they take condition loss, but I've only had them for a few in game days.

Currently my crampons are at 94-96%, so they for sure take condition loss. I haven't been attacked by a wolf/bear yet while wearing them, so they do have some sort of gradual condition loss.

1 hour ago, wilsonaka said:

Someone claims to have repaired them at the milling machine in Bleak Inlet. I didn't follow the thread and I'm too lazy to look for it.

Ya I saw that too. I really don't feel like traveling to BI because of the Timberwolves and I'm not 100% sure if the milling machine will even fix the crampons in the first place. Some claim it does fix them while others claim that it doesn't fix them, so ya.

• Upvote 1

I understand that they may eventually but that does not mean they will anytime soon.  When I got my crampons they were already 95% to begin with and because they cannot be repaired I take the time to not wear them except when climbing since I haven't left Ash Canyon.  I would hope to be able to repair them at some point to 100% even if it means a trip across the map to Bleak Inlet (and I would also reload any ammunition I could).  

I would expect that the drill press use should be expanded (to include crampons, etc.) which was implied as a possible future thing when it was introduced as part of Bleak Inlet.  It would be like making ammunition: good to have the option, a lot of time and trouble to do, and can only be done in one place. 

I have heard that the drill press can be used, but haven't seen it for myself.  I would not go to Bleak Inlet just for that unless it was vital to not lose the item to ruin. 

I took the time to try and test it out. It indeed doesnt work. I took screenshots, can be found here:

So, either there are some long-time forum users here who lied (which honestly, I have no idea why...) or it was possible to repair them, and it is not possible anymore. This could be for A) the Hinterland decided to make them non-repairable, or B) this is a bug. Im more inclined to believe B), given how widely requested is to have the Crampons repairable. And milling them makes a lot of sense game balance wise.

Edited by Mroz4k
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

I took the time to try and test it out. It indeed doesnt work. I took screenshots, can be found here:

So, either there are some long-time forum users here who lied (which honestly, I have no idea why...) or it was possible to repair them, and it is not possible anymore. This could be for A) the Hinterland decided to make them non-repairable, or B) this is a bug. Im more inclined to believe B), given how widely requested is to have the Crampons repairable. And milling them makes a lot of sense game balance wise.

Thanks so much for checking! I REALLY did not feel like traveling to BI lol.

14 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Hmm, perhaps those players who reported that it could be done were encountering a bug.  I suppose it's possible it wasn't intended to be that way.
I'd recommend reporting it via the support portal.  Perhaps they can let you know whether or not the crampons are supposed to be repairable at the milling machine or whether they are intended to be a limited use item.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'm definitely interested to know what Hinterland's intentions were.