Bug or feature...

Stinky socks

Desolation point | THE RIKKEN

I had a lot of scrap metal and a lot of coal. All my health meters were full(health, food, water, stamina). I fired up the furnace and filled with coal to last maximum time(12hrs?). Once temperature reached above 270°F, I clicked on furnace and chose to craft 54 arrow heads. Yes, 54 all in one go. I clicked begin crafting! During the crafting period, all my circles went red and health began to decrease! What's more interesting is the furnace also burned out, but Astrid kept on crafting! 

I was able to successfully craft everything, but barely left alive. I didn't complain, but was rather glad! I did not try stopping the crafting process.

Same thing happens when I decided to craft 18 arrows in one go! Astrid kept on working all day and into the night!

Makes me wonder if this should be happening? Usually when I research a book and too tired or hungry or too dark, process gets interrupted.

Side note: something funny happened. As I'm crafting, time is in fast forward and I see bear gallop on the background as I'm crafting away behind the hut at fisherman village in coastal highway😂hilarious yet terrifying!! From now on, I crouch behind a table so he doesn't accidentally see me!🤣

screen_88f44bf8-0cb2-4927-b00b-33d69f6c8158_hi.thumb.jpg.4dd24db7d416f431cd94e6fe9da8ec1e.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think game engine does not pay attention to meters once crafting begins and just continues going and going until it is finished, or the player dies. It was definitely bug-like behavior when the fire in the forge went out, but crafting process kept going uninterrupted. 

I did like it though, because even though I had plenty of coal left over for a second session, I didn't have to start another fire or add any more coals. It did make my buttocks clinch a bit when I saw all meters go red and health bar began decreasing like madman! Glad it was done and I still had 50% health left.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[Bright red] UPDATE [/Bright red]

Ok, I've been to desolation point the other day and tried the trick of forging many arrowheads again, like in original post. I failed. Game told me "it's too dark".

Either hinterland fixed the 'bug' or maybe...

last time I started forging at night while forge was running, so it was probably considered bright enough to forge, but when forge went out, it was probablu daytime, and it kept on forging..

I dont remember exact details from my original 52forging time, but either way, it didn't work this time or I didn't do something exactly like the last time.

Also, crafting many many items without stopping doesn't work anymore. Same thing, it says too dark to craft.

Thank y9u.

• Like 1