Stone "Patrol"

hozz1235

I agree with @Sherlock Holmes 18. It is way too tedious to catch rabbit using stone stun method.(but it is quite rewarding if you can master it). I did catch one rabbit in wintermute first episode when you *had* to and while it felt very rewarding when it worked, I could never make myself do it again.

What I do is when I get guts and reclaimed wood, I make about 6 shares and set them up where I see rabbit. After that, it is all sustainable rinse and repeat. You will also have endless supply of skin for mittens and hat!

PS- i wish you could craft something else out of rabbit skin. They have so little meat so you end up catching a lot and you always have a stockpile of fur that otherwise goes unused. Please add like rabbit earmuffs or rabbit jacket or whatever!!👍

Stones are also handy for cairns, where you can store your gear.  An OCD obsession with picking them up can lead to a nice new cairn once you’ve collected 50!

Also stunning rabbits with stones is super easy.  You just have to make sure the rabbit is going the right direction with respect to yourself, and use crouch to get close. 

I catch myself collecting more than I need as well. I like to have at least 3 on hand at any given time for emergency rabbit hunting or wolf diversions. It seems if I need rocks and don't already have some, there are none to be found!

But I'll occasionally be doing inventory management and realize I have 10 rocks !! way too many hun, drop em!

Killing rabbits with anything else than rocks is lunacy, except if one is desperate to crawl towards Archery 5 bit sooner which I admit to do sometimes as well lol. I guess snares are okay but it's just too much work for what it is (unless you are playing Deadman and it's desperate), even fishing is way efficient on regular difficulties

Anyway as for the question. In long runs I make rock caches next to Camp Office for extra and quick storage space, so I collect ML and Milton stones to build em

I hoard cloth from most areas though, even though Milton alone has more than anyone's realistically ever going to need

Edited by Mistral

in the words of Bob Dylan...

Well, they'll stone you when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone you just like they said they would
They'll stone you when you're trying to go home
And they'll stone you when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned

Well, they'll stone you when you're walking on the street
They'll stone you when you're tryin' to keep your seat
They'll stone you when you're walkin' on the floor
They'll stone you when you're walkin' to the door

They'll stone you when you're at the breakfast table
They'll stone you when you are young and able
They'll stone you when you're tryin' to make a buck
Then they'll stone you and then they'll say "good luck"
Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone

Well, they'll stone you and say that it's the end
Then they'll stone you and then they'll come back again
They'll stone you when you're riding in your car
They'll stone you when you're playing your guitar
Yes, but I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned alright

Well, they'll stone you when you walk all alone
They'll stone you when you are walking home
They'll stone you and then say you are brave
They'll stone you when you are set down in your grave

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2021 at 5:09 PM, hozz1235 said:

In a new run, I will hunt rabbits with the pistol

You've GOT to be talking about a Voyager run, right? Last Voyager run, I had ammo coming out my ears (but managed to freeze to death by having the weather turn while chopping wood and not realize I could hit ESC!), but it's pretty slim pickins on my current Stalker run.

• Upvote 1