Is there anywhere to upvote/downvote game ideas + feedback?

bikingviking

I think it's great that Hinterland is using these forums to get game feedback, and to let people suggest new ideas and requests for future development. But mostly it's a big mess of scattered ideas -- I can't imagine the devs have enough time to dig through and figure out which ones are getting the most traction.

Is there somewhere to upvote/downvote game feedback? I know there's a reddit but it doesn't seem to be used this way. Is there anywhere else I'm not aware of?

Should be a section on the forums for a weekly or bi-monthly survey. 10 Questions. Where you gauge feedback on design or desire for features. Keeping up community in terms of which ideas are most favored by the community would be as helpful as reading though the forum discussions if the survey was crafted to be short and sweet and consistent, i.e. weekly.

Maybe a survey monkey 10 question, choose one, with 5 options each and heavy contrast. I find those type of surveys to be most helpful.

That is a constructive idea. [thank you TLDFAN ]

Anyway, I will just post the results soon, somehow I do not feel like this would be my job, regarding the fact I have limited line of sight on the ongoing development, and I would avoid planting false hopes in any TLD fans.

Decreasing enthusiasm?

Nah.

It was a simple a request and also a pretty good idea how to give some control to the uncontrollable brainstorming, this supposed to refer to the increasing claim about some clarifications where the games development is heading, which should be the administrators job at this forum. [This is what the "+ feedback" means in the Subject of this topic] (EDIT: lol how awesomely offensive that sounds.. sorry for being honest)

I tried to help out a fellow member to have a better review on the current ideas by the community.

But giving feedback is upon the decision makers.

Should be a section on the forums for a weekly or bi-monthly survey. 10 Questions. Where you gauge feedback on design or desire for features. Keeping up community in terms of which ideas are most favored by the community would be as helpful as reading though the forum discussions if the survey was crafted to be short and sweet and consistent, i.e. weekly.

It can happen, I am sure you saw this topic too, but let me bring it again to your attention from the point of view you are just sketched for us.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4154

It is about a periodic AMA here at the forums, where you can ask (or hidden suggesting in a question:) for example if there "will be any feedback about the already mentioned ideas in the form of a survey, where you actually can see the most, and less popular ideas."

Just like how our original poster said.

Here is a survey I threw together in about 5 minutes. It is the kind of yes or no choices I envision or shades of gray to put it subtly when necessary.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XG3Y659

I you allow the "other" answer option, you avoid getting incorrect results about specific ideas, that is just a space where the user can describe a bit further (ofc only if you are interested, but the survey itself represent that you are interested in the opinion of others).

I think this is a great suggestion and I will work on getting something like this going. Great idea!

I think this is a great suggestion and I will work on getting something like this going. Great idea!

Let me know how I can help if ever. I think it will add to community engagement and can bring the "12th man" to the development team in terms of what the community on the forums is directly polled on.

Here is a survey I threw together in about 5 minutes. It is the kind of yes or no choices I envision or shades of gray to put it subtly when necessary.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XG3Y659

I you allow the "other" answer option, you avoid getting incorrect results about specific ideas, that is just a space where the user can describe a bit further (ofc only if you are interested, but the survey itself represent that you are interested in the opinion of others).

If you get answers which conflict or don't provide clarity you can clean that up in the following weeks survey. I agree though providing other makes certain questions sort of a mixed bag.

To steal an idea from Double Bear's Dead State forum: you could ask a weekly question here on the forum about a specific feature, possibly about what direction to take the development of said feature and gouge how the community feels about it. If the forum would support polls, you could use this for a quick selection of several options and those who want to detail their choice can do so by posting. This worked real well for DB, when they were still developing the main game.

To steal an idea from Double Bear's Dead State forum: you could ask a weekly question here on the forum about a specific feature, possibly about what direction to take the development of said feature and gouge how the community feels about it. If the forum would support polls, you could use this for a quick selection of several options and those who want to detail their choice can do so by posting. This worked real well for DB, when they were still developing the main game.

excellent! great stuff. I think that could work quite well. :)

I am seeing some responses to my survey as well. I will make a post in the general forums to drive more responses and awareness. When I get to 100 replies I'll share the data with all.

Can you please PM me where you are posting it? I would like to be able to keep on top of this. I am working on doing Hinterland surveys/polls in our forums as well. :)

Archived