Ambient Wolf Noises / Long Wolf Noise Range

ark1of712

Hey Hinterland!

I was just wondering if wolf noises were ever simply ambient, ie, they're just written into the sound script even if there's no wolf nearby. I notice that a lot of the time I hear one and it sounds like a wolf is incredibly close, but I'll look around and there's not one nearby (often there's one quite far away).

I was wondering if it would be possible to maybe balance the volume/range of wolf noises so they'd be a more accurate cue of danger?

Please let me know your thoughts,

Loving the game, just recently got 50+ days!

I'm almost positive there are "fake" wolf and deer noises at various points on the maps. There always seems to be howling/barking on the approach to Alan's cave even when no wolf is anywhere nearby. Also sometimes going up a hill you'll hear howling from a place where there are no wolves. I think it would be better to ditch those, as they're unnecessary.

When I first heard this in the game when I started playing ages ago I thought it was a wolf den. Bravely, I searched around for it, only to discover the sounds were coming from an inaccessible part of the map and no wolves were visible, so yes there are ambient wolf noises. I kind of like them because they keep me on my toes.

Archived