TOO LOW AMOUNT OF SEWING KITS OR CLOTHES IN MYSTERY LAKE MAP

Denyo

Ok...you all know I never complain about difficulty in game as well I never ever complain having troubles with wolves.I was successfull in Voyageur mode and then I decided to try Stalker one.First game of stalker lasted 39 days,which was impressing to me.And I died coz of my stupid mistake.Next one lasted 45 days and I also died coz of my mistake,not coz there are too many wolves.And I start my game always in Mystery Lake map and then travel to Coastal Highway,from there to Pleasant Valley.

But,since update v199,I keep beeing dead in several days,always coz of starvation and freezing.I`m almost every game now left without any clothes on myself.And that is,coz in a wholle MysteryLake map there I cannot find a single one sewing kit! :evil: And,if I have luck to find any sewing kit,then there I don"t get any clothes to repair my wearing clothes.

Ok,I was always agreed,that stalker mode must be hard.Very hard.But...come on...to not be able to find a single sewing kit?? Seriously??

And you made wild life AI more realistic,clothes getting more decay at bad weather circumstances...many times I must fight with wolves,just to get some food.That cause then additional decay of clothes.You made it harder now,which I agree.But,without sewing kits,without clothes...what are our chances to survive? Or game goal is now,that we survive only 10 days in game on Stalker?

Or it is that just in my case?? Did I had that incredible bad luck,that I didn`t get any sewing kit or clothes in every of 6-7 games I played since? Then that is realy amazing bad luck.And I`m honestly angry and am thinking about to give up on this game.And I realy love it so much,just...

I realy don`t know,what to think.Do I realy must start my game at CH or PL map,just that I get there(MAYBE!!) better chance to get more sewing kits?

I hope somebody can give me answers,what is happening and if that is like it is supposed to be in Mystery Lake Map for stalker mode.

Sorry,again,but that made me realy frustrated and it is not challenging anymore at all,if I know,that in less than 10 days I will die anyway,coz of lack of my clothing.

I can understand how you feel - only found a single sewing kit in ML myself during my current Stalker game, so I'm not sure if you were really extraordinary unlucky. I fear there is no other advice for you than going forth to CH immediately if you find no sewing kit in ML (unless you want to start a new savegame ofc).

To me it feels like the most significant difference between Voyageur and Stalker right now is nothing but the amount of items you get when opening drawers, cabinets and boxes. Wolves, weather conditions and everything else feels almost the same - slightly more challenging for sure, but not a major issue if you were doing well in Voyageur mode.

One can argue whether pure item limitation is a desirable way to increase the difficulty of the game or not, but that's how it seems to be done at the moment. (Just my personal impression, others might feel differently about Stalker mode).

Hmmm ... yes, I can see you're dilemma there. I also find ML the toughest of the three.

Lately I have been trying to think of the three regions as one big region, since each region has its own flavors, advantages and disadvantages and resources. Coastal has so many sewing kits and clothes - it's mind boggling. I think it's good challenge to get to know them all well then go to and fro between them as needed?

Just my two bits.

It would be dull if the three regions were all the same. :)

Regards,

Little Fox~

Hmmm ... yes, I can see you're dilemma there. I also find ML the toughest of the three.

Lately I have been trying to think of the three regions as one big region, since each region has its own flavors, advantages and disadvantages and resources. Coastal has so many sewing kits and clothes - it's mind boggling. I think it's good challenge to get to know them all well then go to and fro between them as needed?

Just my two bits.

It would be dull if the three regions were all the same. :)

Regards,

Little Fox~

Well,I slightly dissagree with you.On my oppinion,challenge variation should be in inviroment and wildlife habitat.Ok,I agree,if there would be slightly decreased founding items in ML map,but not completely without crucial of them.Weather itself is anyway already big challenge in ML map,and,as it is quite small area,sooner or later you have to confront with wolves,willingly or unwillingly.

I think a lot of that has to do with luck really. It certainly does seem possible that there are less sewing kits and clothes now after the update, but I've had a few games where I was able to find more than one sewing kit and at least a decent amount of clothing on ML (which is where I also tend to start my games). Now I don't necessarily role-play as hard as some others and I usually don't spend more then 15-20 days in ML unless I have to. My current game for example had me started in ML but I was in PV by day 30ish with my complete amount of supplies split between the farmhouse in PV and the gas station at CH (I know the issues of the gas station as a base, but when it comes to trying to transfer stuff to PV it's a decent little spot). Now I haven't fully explored CH in this current game (that's actually what I'm doing right now) but I usually try to get out of my first map as soon as possible. I'm also not a huge fan of repairing clothing a lot so I like to keep getting new sets of clothes to switch into rather than repairing all the time (maximizes cloth).

Really you aren't supposed to just stay in one place forever. Each region has limited resources, ML has a LOT of food, low wolves (relatively) and limited resources. CH has LOTS of resources, Hidden wolves (short sight distances), Food is high risk. PV has low food, Moderate wildlife threat, and moderate resources.

So ML = Manage resources

CH = Manage wildlife

PV = Manage food

Remember: there are three maps and loot has to be spread across all of them. The times where you found all you need in ML are definitely over ;)

This pretty much.

you need to take advantage of all 3 maps to get the most out of this game now.

For example, I started on coastal in my current playthrough and there was not a single rifle on the map...had to get my rifle at mystery lake.

Archived