Gah ... 2021 first log-in lesson

IamSameer

Hi folks,

Belated Happy New Year!

I’d like to share a bitter lesson from today - I logged in after a loooong time (early July was my last session). Decided to jump into my only Stalker save (170+ day).

I was enjoying the world soaking in the sounds and graphics, reacquainting myself with the game controls - when within 5 mins - I was jumped by two wolves.

Instead of running away I decided to fight, but could not remember how to shoot and was chain attacked. Fumbling with distant memories of what to do I pressed more wrong buttons and to my surprise I died - slowly to my horror I remembered it is permanent death in TLD.

All my hard earned progress - the many well appointed shelters with oodles of food, water, firewood, skins and treasures - pistol, rifle, bows, ammo, bearskin bedroll, moose hide bag and wolf skin jacket ... all gone! 😭

Back to looking for scraps of cloth and throwing pebbles at rabbits .. needless to say, I turned off my PS4 and had to do something else.

So fellow survivalists - the lesson is if you have not been in TLD for a while, log into your easier mode saves to remember how things work.

Also when surprised by multiple wolves - run (said no-one ever)!

Edited by IamSameer
Grammar