Random observations

Lone Trekker

So doing a little digging here’s my observations:

The image of the “prison” has the mountain in the background.D583DAE2-B103-4B76-907B-BA09C0716630.thumb.png.9f58415214a069e5d9567bea08261558.png

Which also happens to be similar in appearance to the world map...

F0E66F46-3266-4BFF-91D6-0287C7A6B2F3.thumb.png.9e35907a805b1c41613d294945fe13eb.png

and what of Astrid? She is at coastal highway. 
Perseverance Mills is said to be far to the north of Milton. 
Is the world map showing north as the top of the map?

Will is near the exit to the dam. Which, potentially in the end leads to coastal highway too. 

Maybe they will not reach perseverance mills by the end of episode 4?

Anyone else have random observations regarding the storyline?

I couldn't get it tidy, so I'm writing again. 

The prison place may be right, but why did you think that photo was a prison? 

Besides, if there's going to be a prison in the GBI, it's going to be a run-down place. 

Why, why? Because there's been a lot of earthquakes on the island. 

I think it's going to be full of big bears and timberfolfs patrolling around it like in Section 2, which look like the Chief Guard. 

And who knows, maybe there's a tunnel in there! And this tunnel can have occasional small rooms, just like the inside of the bunkers. Maybe this tunnel is going to the end of the map or, better yet, to another area. 

I'll look forward to prison. 

Hope you don't get eaten by wolves. 

I would also have located the prison beyond Desolation Point. Maybe "north" of the area on the world map, maybe even two areas away, to give more room for the story.
The general travel direction of the previous chapters are pointing that way. 

Hopefully Mackenzie will not get struck by the sudden idea to go up to Timerwolf Mountain to search for a flare gun to be shot from Desolation Point's lighthouse to get noticed by Astrid...

On 1/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, Sherlock Holmes 18 said:

I've learned that if we put down an arrow, it'll show north. 

Well you have to be careful there because that isn't always the case. Broken Railroad for instance, if you drop a stick, it points East. And in Mystery Lake, although on the regional map it appears to point North, because the Mystery Lake map is actually rotated 90 degrees compared to the world map, it's actually pointing East as well. Those are just the two examples that come to mind, I haven't tested this with every region yet because I've learned dropping items isn't reliable. So it's better to get used to relying on landmarks than exploits of the game physics.