Hello from Scotland

Clairec321

Hi there,

I've recently just discovered TLD and have found myself hooked big time! I'll be honest and say at first I thought it was rubbish, cause I kept dying of hypothermia, but after a few days of survival and finding shelter and better clothes I started to realise how addictive and challenging the game is.

I have survived for 115 days now (admittedly on the easiest level ha ha) but for an old woman (I'm 47!!) I think I've done good :) 

Will definitely be stepping up a level soon, but reluctant to kill my character cause she's done so well lol

would love to hear how others got on their first few days of survival and what was it that kept killing you in the beginning?

hope to hear from other survivors.

Happy gaming :)

Ben ilk oyunumda ölmedim tani kısa bir sürede. 

Neden mi? 

Çok basit oyun avlan, biraz keşfet, biraz risk al, ve yemek yiyip yatıp bunları tekrarlamak üzerine kurulmuş. 

Bir işim olmadıkça kurtlarla dövüşmedim, haritaların hep ana hatlarını gezdim (başlangıçta), iyi kıyafetlerim olunca da bütün haritayı gezip öğrendim. 

İnsanların neden daha ilk birkaç günde öldüklerini anlamıyorum halbuki çok kolay bir tekrarlama olayı. 

Use Turkish translation 

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes 18 said:

Ben ilk oyunumda ölmedim tani kısa bir sürede. 

Neden mi? 

Çok basit oyun avlan, biraz keşfet, biraz risk al, ve yemek yiyip yatıp bunları tekrarlamak üzerine kurulmuş. 

Bir işim olmadıkça kurtlarla dövüşmedim, haritaların hep ana hatlarını gezdim (başlangıçta), iyi kıyafetlerim olunca da bütün haritayı gezip öğrendim. 

İnsanların neden daha ilk birkaç günde öldüklerini anlamıyorum halbuki çok kolay bir tekrarlama olayı. 

Use Turkish translation 

This is the first survival game I've ever played, so I think dying a few times is to be expected when you're new and have no experience on how games like this work.

I only died 3 times and as I said I've survived 115 days now, so its safe to say I've got a better hold of the game now. 

I agree, it is completely fine to die a couple times in the beginning, as you learn the basic challenges of weather, food, fire-starting, clothes, arms, etc.
Especially if being new to survival, and new to the TLD world.

I can assure you, you'll die later as well ;-)

And have enough time to be more daring to hunt, fight wolves, discover the new areas outside ML, find your favorite strategies on using the various resources, explore the different gaming experiences on various difficulty levels and find the one that entertains you best. 

Welcome to TLD, Happy exploring! ❤️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdamvR said:

I agree, it is completely fine to die a couple times in the beginning, as you learn the basic challenges of weather, food, fire-starting, clothes, arms, etc.
Especially if being new to survival, and new to the TLD world.

I can assure you, you'll die later as well 😉

And have enough time to be more daring to hunt, fight wolves, discover the new areas outside ML, find your favorite strategies on using the various resources, explore the different gaming experiences on various difficulty levels and find the one that entertains you best. 

Welcome to TLD, Happy exploring! ❤️

Thank you!

It certainly has been a great learning curve playing this game. I am a lot braver now and as you say am taking a lot more chances. exploring and navigating the map is a lot easier now too. I would also like to try other survival games, which is something I probably wouldn't have done before.

Good luck on your adventures :)