The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.93 [71192]

Admin

2038659272_HesitantProspect_Steam_Cover_Image_800x450.png.d8bd360eb226309869bb0ac22b6c9597.png

We’ve released our v1.93 Hotfix for The Long Dark. If you encounter any issues while playing the game please visit our Support Portal

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).  

GENERAL FIXES

• [General] Fixed an issue that could cause player’s Custom Keybindings to be reset.
  • [General] Fixed an issue that caused the camera to shake erratically, if the player tried to aim while freezing. 
  • [General] Fixed an issue that could prevent the Polaroid found in the High Meadow, in Ash Canyon from spawning correctly. 
  • [Genera] Equipping an item in the left accessory slot, while the Crampons are equipped will no longer remove the Sure Footing buff. 
  • [Audio] Fixed missing reverb in Ash Canyon.

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Updated caves in Ash Canyon to count as interiors when curing items.
  • [Enviro] Fixed numerous areas where animals could path behind cave entrances, in Ash Canyon. 
  • [Enviro] Fixed lighting on some corpses found in Ash Canyon.
  • [Enviro] Adjusted Cat Tail placement to avoid unintentional clipping. 
  • [Enviro] Environment polish pass on Ash Canyon. 

USER INTERFACE

• [UI] Fixed an issue that caused external links to not open properly, when playing on the Mac Epic Game Store or GOG release.
  • [UI] Remove erroneous prompt at the end of the Episode Three credits.

WINTERMUTE

• [EP 3] Fixed an issue that prevented players from transferring items to the Community Hall pantry container, during the Coming Storm mission. 

CHALLENGE MODE

• [Darkwalker] Darkwalker Feat will now be awarded if you’ve completed the criteria, but the feat did not unlock.
  • [Darkwalker] Feat and Badge are now correctly displayed on the summary screen, when the Darkwalker is defeated with a banishment. 

KNOWN ISSUES

• [EGS] Some users' login token to the EGS client may expire unintentionally. We’re currently with Epic to resolve this issue.
  • [EGS] Some players have experienced video playback issues during some cinematics. We’re currently investigating this issue with impacted users.

• Upvote 8
  • Like 7

• [General] Fixed an issue that could cause player’s Custom Keybindings to be reset.
  • [General] Fixed an issue that caused the camera to shake erratically, if the player tried to aim while freezing. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 10/10

41 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Y, sin embargo, ya está disponible en GoG. ¿Qué está pasando con el mundo? Las cosas parecen estar un poco al revés. ¿Hay un parche de TLD disponible en GoG antes de que esté disponible en Steam? Eso es una locura. 🤪

Esta publicación no pretende, de ninguna manera, ser despectiva hacia Hinterland, Steam o GoG. Simplemente pretende ser un poco gracioso.

Aunque es un poco inusual que este parche 1.93 ya esté disponible en GoG. Creo que esto solo ha sucedido una vez antes. También es muy apreciado.cheers.gif.6e515b819e3890ec615db8b0b514cd2b.gif

the game is also updated for steam I already have it updated to version 1.93

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, peteloud said:

I was delighted to see that a some of the bugs have been sorted out, so I went to Steam to update to 1.93. Steam told me that "Steam will automatically queue the update at. . . !  27 January 2021 05:05.

That's a long wait for the update.

This may have more to do with some personal settings you have as it's been available from Steam since yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Admin said:

This may have more to do with some personal settings you have as it's been available from Steam since yesterday.

I have tried on a second computer and on this one Steam tells me  it is "Scheduled For Friday 04:45".

I can not imagine that I would have changed a setting to delay an update, and done it twice.

18 minutes ago, peteloud said:

I have tried on a second computer and on this one Steam tells me  it is "Scheduled For Friday 04:45".

I can not imagine that I would have changed a setting to delay an update, and done it twice.

@peteloud, didn't you know it's because you exist in an alternate dimension??

1 hour ago, Ps4Methuselah said:

So i guess the crampons were intentionally made irreparable?

Can't think of anything else in TLD we cannot fix,.

I am grateful for the reduced sprains & climbing boost....but you must realize that once the crampons are toast, Ash Canyon will probably not be a viable base for us any longer.

Couldn't you at least give us the ability to forge them like arrowheads....they are quickly becoming everyone's favorite, must have item. Seems a shame that when they're gone they're gone forever.

Thank you in advance.

I remember reading a tweet from the Lead Dev/ Director saying something to the effect of, they are waiting and collecting data to see how players use the item before introducing a repair mechanic. I believe the reason behind this was that it is standard practice for keeping the game balanced.

Makes sense to me, I've been able to scale down some crazy ledges and slopes without taking any sprains. If I never had to worry about losing the crampons, I'd never take them off. In that case the whole sprain mechanic would be trivialized to some extent.

2 hours ago, Ps4Methuselah said:

Couldn't you at least give us the ability to forge them like arrowheads

That would make things too trivial. Maybe make them only repairable in the machine shop in BI. That would give you a reason to go there other than ammunition

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I like the idea of repairing the crampons, and the repair being very challenging. I actually suggested making them repairable at the mill in BI quite a ways back because it made sense, both in terms of manufacturing (looks like stamped metal) and game balance (crampons are quite durable if one's restrained with them, and making it very challenging to repair them makes a lot of sense). It also pushes people into BI in the sandbox, which is a good thing imho... making the mill more valuable is a good idea I think because of the unique features of the region (i.e. timberwolves, which are a whole 'nother fun thing) which seems to intimidate a lot of people away from it. They are in fact quite manageable once you know how (use the hunting blinds and use raw meat to bring them to you and they become very easy to pick off). Anyway, I digress. 

I think the mill is the place to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

While I do like the idea of making bleak inlet more valuable, I also like games to at least be consistent in their world. We can make items in the forge that are extremely similar to the crampons already. Why would we need the mill, other than because it would make bleak inlet more valuable, to repair or make crampons? That's my only problem with the idea.

• Like 1