Random ideas on my wish list

thibaulthc

Hi,

here are a few point I'd like to be implemented / changed:

-plants that have a similar effect of coffee

-more randomisation of the maps (like the abandoned camp on Forlon Muskeg ie) 

-more negative effects caused by pain

-health recovery rate while sleeping different according to sleeping longer in once, in a comfy bed,... 

-cooked tea/coffee/reishi/...weight only 100g, should be heavier

-different colors for the spray cans, just for fun; many more different shapes, that's be useful

-buffs alike the Well Fed for being well rested, hydrated and warmed up

-affliction like Hypothermia for staying too long starving, dehydrated or exhausted (made a post for those 2 ideas)

-different wildlife (saw a lot of posts about that); mountain lion is my favorite one

-bottles for being able to carry water and other drinks like tea

-broken legs, after a heavy fall or being mauled by a bear / moose

-wolves should die very less frequently from struggles

-more details on the map we draw, ability to zoom in deeper

-ability to sleep on the ground: no warmth bonus, or even a negative one, and no health recovery, but let us sleep!

-risk to actually faint when staying exhausted for too long, like the male character sometimes talk about

-alcool! for emergency use, drink, forget freezing effects for an hour, unable to aim or work, faint, get a headache and much more thirsty the day after

-a few more primitive weapons, like a spear ie

-ability to throw axe on a charging wolf

-ability to light a torch with another one without having to throw it on the ground

-crafting skills

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cranky said:

I would like additional drink containers as well, mainly something like a thermos. Would be nice to load it up with warm coffee, tea or soup when venturing thru a blizzard or colder areas. 

I agree about the thermos! I had always thought that a thermos that could hold 5-6 doses of tea would be a great addition. Teas end up taking up so many slots on the inventory and there could be a benefit how long they stay hot. Only real change they'd have to make is making the perk come in based on the amount you drink and not holding it until the last 0.1L of tea. 

Anyway, I like some of these but I also don't think they should be adding in more negative effects for things like dehydration or pain. It would get very crowded and tedious very quick. I do think they should build upon the well fed bonus and create a "Malnourished, Healthy and Lumberjack" body type each only having a unique benefit based on calorie intake. I wrote a post about it and I think it was a little over convoluted for people to get behind, but the reasoning behind it I think is solid. Give people  on loper the option to go for a good benefit without ruining the starve during the day method. Otherwise that strategy is pretty rampant and there is no real change to the late game when you could prioritize keeping calories about 1000 instead of just above 0.