Two questions about movement and fatigue penalties

NightIsDark

1. If you're fully rested and under weight capacity, is movement speed the same whether the total weight is 5kg or 24kg?

2. I've noticed sometimes I have just one arrow on fatigue when moving around. No energy/caffine. What causes this? Is it weight? Voyager vs Stalker?

Edited by NightIsDark
brevity

I would think that movement speed should be pretty stable.  Of course, YMMV.  😁

Just being awake (and standing or crouching) means one down-pointing arrow, moving (walking) means two arrows, and really moving (running or as the case may be climbing) means three arrows.  I would assume the reference to one arrow was a downward pointing arrow. 

Weight absolutely does affect fatigue and movement speed. The less you have, the less you use. If you notice, you glide around quite nicely if you strip off all your clothing and drop all your gear, and your fatigue doesn't go down much even when sprinting.  I do this often if I kill a bear or moose away from a safe place and can safely harvest the meat and drop it. I shuttle it to a safe location.
If you're encumbered, or start to lose weight-carry capacity (below 50% fatigue) it will continue to exhaust you at a steadily increasing rate.
If you're encumbered and sprint(over 5kg[11lb] encumbrance]) your fatigue will deplete much faster than if you were not.

As far as I know, the fatigue levels remain the same through Voyageur and Stalker. The only difference I've noticed is the thirst and calorie usage.

If I am wrong about this, I do not claim to know everything. I am just speaking from my own observations.

Movement speed, afaik, is affected by weight. The more clanging you hear the slower you are. I think clothing also slows you, but it's more of a limit on how far you can sprint. Being encumbered over a certain weight leads me to believe this, as you're slowed to a crawl and can even not move after bearing too much weight.

[Edit: Movement speed:  When you're fully rested and unencumbered, your movement speed is not affected. Which is funny because I distinctly remember sprinting naked from Quonset to the hut near the bear cave in Coastal without having to rest more than 8 or 10 steps in-between; not on the return trip, of course.]

Edited by wilsonaka
Gotta get this right.
  • Upvote 1