Thirst effects

Boneviolin

5 hours ago, Lycrist said:

I actually suggested to have a headache which lasts for 2 hours which would prevent a player from reading research books. Yeah. That's only minor. So is pain. But you don't see anyone arguing to remove pain because it has no meaningful impact.

Headache would just add some cheap flavour to the gameplay. Nothing more than some unquality of life. Also keep in mind that a headache is on of the first signs of serious dehydration iRL.

I also said, that there could be a dehydration debuff (with a risk building up over time if the player stay dehydrated) which has more severe consequences but that would be more than just a flavour update.

I've actually seen lots of posts over the years unhappy with the pain mechanic - mostly in conjunction with sprains and how easily they are "cured" by popping pain killerrs and a bandage.  Presumeably, a headache would be something logically curable with pain killers, so the impact and annoyance factor would be on par with sprains.  I don't agree with adding "cheap flavor" to the game... quality flavor is better.