Idea Playz The Long Dark: I am back and live streaming :)

Idea

Started Streaming on Twitch and will be uploading my steams to YouTube, feel free to check them out or if you are interested in catching the streams live feel free to follow me on Twitch.

YouTube Playlist

I did a review of the Pleasant Valley Bunkers for anyone that is interested in finding the locations:

[bBvideo 560,340:l7h4zofu]

[/bBvideo]

• 2 weeks later...

Idea - I love your bunker review - its awesome.

And now I have to confess, I screwed up in my bunker hunt save - I didn't realize the one in the south by the bear cave was up behind that rock, and sure enough, with my save game, that's where it is...

I'll see if I can generate a proper save game...

thanks for the bunker video, I haven't found it yet in this run although I followed Hylander's map, after watching your video I'm not sure though if I've missed one around Skeeter's. Once I finish this run I will happily try out Hylander's save if he get's a proper one or try to get one myself.

I disagree though that the food bunker is better than wood. 5-7 bullet's give you meat for almost 50 days if you only get deer/wolf pairs with it, the food in the A bunker only lasts for 3-4 days - wood is imo actually second best after hunting bunker for this reason ;)

Hylander later mentioned in his forum post that after running through his saved game again he realized it is actually not a no spawn map so don't use his save, but if you happen to come across a game that doesn't have one of the other 8 spawns in it then I would imagine it would be the map to hunt for the missing Type C Hatch.

You make an excellent point about the ammo, the ammo in the Firewood bunker is that bunkers saving grace :)

I am currently at day 175 in Stalker, that's not a save game I would want to share, guess that would screw up the leaderboards for good lol :D But I must die eventually, probably this weekend. With only 3 bullets left it only takes a mouse slip and it's over. After that I will speedrun the map in pilgrim until I find no bunker in the 8 locations, I actually can't wait to go on the hunt for it - maybe I harakiri myself down the Ravine if the wolves don't do the job soon ;)

Heya thanks! Cannot take too much credit, LMG was doing a similar challenge around that time too which was my inspiration :) but it was definitely fun! I am glad you like my videos :) Thank you for watching!

Many thanks for your playthroughts. It is still something not really clear to me. To every map how many bunkers can we find simultaneously? One, Two or more?

The No of Bunkers is random or fix? Again if you travel to PV how many bunkers you will find? 1,2,3 more? Even None?

In Mystery Lake, there are nine possible bunker spawn locations. You will get exactly one and only one bunker in Mystery Lake during a game, and it will be at one of the nine possible bunker spawns.

In Pleasant Valley, there are nine possible bunker spawn locations. You will get exactly one and only one bunker in Pleasant Valley during a game, and it will be at one of the nine possible bunker spawns.

So, to summarize, one bunker in each of two different maps, in one of nine possible locations on each map.

In Mystery Lake, there are nine possible bunker spawn locations. You will get exactly one and only one bunker in Mystery Lake during a game, and it will be at one of the nine possible bunker spawns.

In Pleasant Valley, there are nine possible bunker spawn locations. You will get exactly one and only one bunker in Pleasant Valley during a game, and it will be at one of the nine possible bunker spawns.

So, to summarize, one bunker in each of two different maps, in one of nine possible locations on each map.

And then there is Coastal Highway of course. But there are no bunkers on this map.

So in every game there will be 2 bunkers: 1 in ML, 1 in PV and 0 in CH.

I had a viewer comment on my Mystery Lake video that he believed the bunker located at 1172, 110, -072 is now in a rock and that the same type bunker spawns close to that area but not at those exact coordinates. When I made the Mystery Lake video I did not have coordinates on so I cannot confirm that 1172, 110, -072 was ever the correct coordinates to being with, since all coords are player submitted I always just counted them as approximate.

There were also some posts on Sniper Bobs steam guide of players finding other locations at Mystery Lake but after looking at the coordinates posted there, I see now that they are just the same nine that were already found and players were just confusing them for new locations.

I am currently no where near that area in game to confirm if 1172, 110, -072 is now in a rock or just the wrong coords but I will check the next time I am in Mystery Lake.

It's possible that the old coords are inside a rock now. There was a problem with the v.183 update that made at least 1 bunker disappear. This was fixed in a later update, so it's possible the entranced was moved to make it accessible again. I'm in PV myself atm, but if I find myself in ML in the near future I will check it out.

Yeah they probably moved it slightly like they did to the one that was inaccessible in Clear Cut. Still close to the old area, anyone who looks in the old area should see that the bunker has moved slightly.

Archived