[v.200] Cursor centers itself after eating.

klesh

When you finish eating something, your cursor re-centers itself when you're given back control of it. It would be great if it didn't do that; especially helpful for doing multiple actions repeatedly. I happened to notice this when eating multiple cat-tail stalks one after another.

It isn't really a bug

I kindly disagree.

(BTW If it's not really a bug, then that behavior is really intended? Why does this not happen after repairing something?)

The cursor not staying where the user left it is counter intuitive and hardly desirable.

Eating several items in a row now requires to physically relocate the mouse.

I presume this is something that was forgotten to be removed when introducing the change to keep the inventory open after eating:

* Don't close the inventory interface after eating, drinking or using first aid items

Okay so i checked it out, so when you're repairing something you still have control of your mouse, so you can cancel just in case you actually don't want to repair that item. But with eating and drinking there is no cancel option, you just start noming and the mouse disappears, thus going back to the centre of the screen upon reset. Now with it being in the centre of the screen its next to the menu and allows you to select the next item you want to eat, it also auto goes to the next item in the list, so if you wanted to eat that item then yes it is a little annoying to have to move your mouse a little bit to click eat/drink. But say the next item isn't the one you want to eat/drink (I normally eat certain foods first/ drink certain things first) then you'd have to still move your mouse to go and select the next item.

So basically having it reset to the centre of the screen is a healthy medium between the two. So i depends on how you look at it. That's my take on it at least, I didn't code it so it could actually be unintentional but it also could be intentional. I'll ask to confirm, but I believe that it's fine that when drinking/eating that the mouse goes back to the centre, it allows you to quickly select the next item you wish to use, or to flip back to a different part of the menu in the event that you are finished eating/drinking.

Jeremy

Okay, so yea it was intentional. It was to fix a problem we had with the menus but it isn't needed anymore. So it will be free like the repair one in a coming update. So if you want to mash eat/drink you can leave your mouse where it is, and if you want to do a different thing then you can move the mouse over towards where that thing is.

Jeremy

So it will be free like the repair one in a coming update.

Now that's service! Thanks for looking into it Jeremy. Did you walk over to the code guy's desk and ask him? I would imagine that is a benefit of a smaller studio; very cool either way. Thanks Jeremy! Another notch on your cat scratching post!

Okay, so yea it was intentional. It was to fix a problem we had with the menus but it isn't needed anymore. So it will be free like the repair one in a coming update. So if you want to mash eat/drink you can leave your mouse where it is, and if you want to do a different thing then you can move the mouse over towards where that thing is.

Jeremy

Excellent!

Archived