How do I aim the Survival Bow?

Food_Hoarder#1641

There’s no one answer to this because the trajectory of the arrow depends on the range. Longer shots require a higher aim point. 

I suggest practicing on a fixed target. The sign at the camp office or the target behind the barn in PV are good choices. 

Also, when in doubt, I recommend aiming a little high. If you miss high you won’t spook the target and you’ll often get a second shot. 

Imagine the tip of the arrow is your crosshair.  At point-blank range (about 15 meters or closer), that's where the arrow will strike. 

(As an aside, contrary to what many believe point-blank doesn't mean "at close range". It means "a range at which you don't need to compensate for projectile drop". So while in this case point-blank IS short range, for a rifle it could be hundreds of meters.)

From what I can tell, the survival bow is surprisingly accurate to how a real life bow shoots. When you’re aiming from a distance, always aim a little bit higher to your target- the amount depends on how far you are. Beyond that a lot of it is just practicing with the aiming system and getting a knack for where it needs to be- it gets a bit intuitive like most other weapons in the game. But like everyone else has already said, practicing on a target or object, maybe even on an easier difficulty like Pilgrim, will be the most helpful thing. 

If you want an easy target to hit with a bow, shoot at bears. They're so big that they're very hard to miss. Just make sure you have a vehicle/structure to hide in so you don't get mauled!

Deer can be tricky to hit, for if you aim a fraction too low, you'll shoot between their legs. Wolves are slightly easier in that regard, they're not so tall.