[Audio] "I hope nobody needs this anymore"

klesh

I don't know if the game tags items as "dropped" by the player or not, but it would be cool if you would prevent the character from saying this line when picking up an item that he/she has placed down themselves. The line is really only suitable for picking up items where they've initially spawned.

Yeah, just like saying "Looks like that's been there a while" if you pick something up right after dropping it. Or saying "I should get to some warmer place" (or something along those lines) right after entering a cabin, going from -20 outside to +15 inside... There's lots of these things actually. It would be nice if this could be prevented.

I think the audio makes sense for the coming story and adds a sense of at least some kind of personality to the character we are embodying (even a bit of a moral compass?) that being said some of them definitely get repeated too much/in weird contexts, but I chalk a lot of that up to the alpha status (limited amount of audio to use, priorities when it comes to coding and stuff like that)

Archived