Tracking animals

Singular

Hey!

I'm a big fan of the Trappers Cabin as a homestead, though I'm in a corner far from everything. I've noticed very often that I can shoot a deer, or stab/shoot a wolf and have them run away. When I track the blood, or follow immediately, I noticed that they actually just disappear when they get to the edge of the world, like a cliff face. It's frustrating as if I put a bullet into the head/body of an animal, I want to be able to track it. Disappearing acts means that the software is responsible for the loss of a round of ammo, not the player's tracking skills.

2ndly is Fire... A few days ago I lit a fire outside of a trailer in Coastal Highway, it was during high winds. I lit the flame and being used to multiple failures I basically looked away for a second thinking it was going to fail. I turned back and I was on fire, and died in about a second! That's a cool trick, it totally wasted about 15 hours of gameplay, but it's ridiculous. Any idiot would feel fire and back up, or at the very least, the rate of death because of fire damage is irrationally too high. It was just a split second of inattention. It happened again when a coyote attacked me during a rough scenario in a snow storm. I fended off the Coyote and only lost about 20% health, but it somehow knocked me into the fire and I lost the other 80% in about a second.

It happened again when a coyote attacked me during a rough scenario in a snow storm. I fended off the Coyote and only lost about 20% health, but it somehow knocked me into the fire and I lost the other 80% in about a second.

Are you sure you`re playing The Long Dark? :) Where you found a coyote in this game?? :lol:

Archived