Please help me find this song that played

Kibblesandbits

Hi!

So I’m new to The Long Dark, and just finished the first episode of Wintermute. I heard an acoustic guitar instrumental song playing at one point that was just too good and I can’t find it anywhere despite my best efforts.

It played after placing the pearls on Lily’s grave and on my way back to the Grey Mother’s house just as I was walking along the road. I watched someone else play that part and a different song played, so I think it was a randomized ambient track maybe? It was just acoustic guitar, that’s it, no orchestral instruments, nothing else. It was very folk-like. I don’t think it was the instrumental version of the intro song..but not sure.

Anyone have any ideas whatsoever? It would be so appreciated!! Thanks! 

Edited by Kibblesandbits
Fixed error

Well the Story Mode soundtrack by Cris Velasco is all piano and violin, no guitar. The only song in Story mode that I know uses acoustic guitar is The Lion's Roar by First Aid Kit which plays during the opening cinematic at the very beginning of the game. The Survivor mode soundtrack by Sascha Dikiciyan does have some acoustic guitar in it on a few of the songs though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Well the Story Mode soundtrack by Cris Velasco is all piano and violin, no guitar. The only song in Story mode that I know uses acoustic guitar is The Lion's Roar by First Aid Kit which plays during the opening cinematic at the very beginning of the game. The Survivor mode soundtrack by Sascha Dikiciyan does have some acoustic guitar in it on a few of the songs though.

That’s so strange because it was definitely on story mode episode 1. Is it possible that some tracks from the Survival mode play in story mode? Maybe it was an instrumental version of “The Lion’s Roar”, I’m not sure. It didn’t sound like that but it’s possible I guess. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Kibblesandbits said:

That’s so strange because it was definitely on story mode episode 1. Is it possible that some tracks from the Survival mode play in story mode?

I don't think so, but I never actually made a point to look out for it specifically. If it was a youtube video or something, it's entirely possible the song had nothing to do with TLD, and was added after the game footage was captured. None of the in-game music is folk-like. The Lion's Roar both has guitars and is folk-like so that fits, but it's not played in the actual game anywhere. (And actually it isn't even the full song, it cuts out about 40% of the lyrics.)

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I don't think so, but I never actually made a point to look out for it specifically. If it was a youtube video or something, it's entirely possible the song had nothing to do with TLD, and was added after the game footage was captured. None of the in-game music is folk-like. The Lion's Roar both has guitars and is folk-like so that fits, but it's not played in the actual game anywhere. (And actually it isn't even the full song, it cuts out about 40% of the lyrics.)

So I actually did find it. It was me playing the game, not a YouTube video so it was definitely part of the game. It’s called “Crossroads Elegy”. It was purely acoustic guitar. And it most definitely was in story mode, it played again today when I played episode 2. Maybe I shouldn’t have said “folk-y” but I couldn’t think of another way to describe the style of the guitar in that song. Now I have to see if there is a way to find the actual track to purchase. 

Edited by Kibblesandbits

7 hours ago, Admin said:

Just a note, normally we'd have this answer for you right away but the studio is on holidays. We'll try to find out what we can and get back to you.

Happy holidays.

Thank you!! Maybe you could just confirm that it is an acoustic guitar version of “Crossroads Elegy” and where I might possibly be able to purchase it? Thank you again!

1 hour ago, Kibblesandbits said:

So I actually did find it. It was me playing the game, not a YouTube video so it was definitely part of the game. It’s called “Crossroads Elegy”.

Crossroads Elegy is the title of chapter 3 of the story actually.  Where did you see that it's the name of a song?

Oh yes, now that I hear it, it totally sounds familiar.  It's not part of the soundtrack you can buy/download though, which is why I couldn't find it on the actual album when I was clicking through the tracks.  Hmm that makes me wonder how many other unlisted tracks there are...

• 2 years later...

I think I know which song you're talking about. I purchased all 6 discs (118 tracks) of TLD soundtrack, but here's the odd part... if I listen to the soundtrack VIA Steam, the song titles DO NOT match the actual in-game audio. I've been organizing the Wintermute music and I THINK I've found the track you're looking for. It's called 'The Pleasant Valley' - a 2:15 beautiful acoustic version of Crossroads Elegy. :x If I am allowed to, I can upload the file here. :) 

• Upvote 1